Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Hi Friends

"How we test the performance of Web Application Manually without using the automation tools ?"

Above is the question asked to me in recent interview . Pls could anybody tell me the answer of this question

Thanks
Amit

Views: 173

Replies to This Discussion

My answer would be - "It's possible to do performance test an application manually but only upto a certain stage and the results wudn't be accurate. you could use the stop watch to measure the Response time and there are many websites where you can give the URL of yur site to check the response time. You can also give manual load if the AUT is small. For better results we go for automation testing by creating V'users.. :)

First of all we need to design a script that has to be run by different users.

Say for an example, User A will run the script:

1. Login to application using credentials: username - A, Password: A
2. Click on Tab 1
3. Fill up the displayed form on Tab1 and submit.
4. Click on Tab 2.
5. Fill up the displayed form on  tab 2 and submit.
6. Click on Tab 3.
7. Click on submenu 'xx' and click value 'yy'.
8. Fill up the form displayed in 'YY' and submit.

NOTE: User A has to notedown the time that how much second each step takes to finish.

Now the script for the User B will be the same but will run the above mentioned test case in different order. Ex User B:
1. Login to application using credentials: username - B, Password: B
2. Click on Tab 2.
3. Fill up the displayed form on  tab 2 and submit.
4. Click on submenu 'xx' and click value 'yy'.
5. Fill up the form displayed in 'YY' and submit.
6. Fill up the form displayed in 'YY' and submit.
7. Click on Tab 1
8. Fill up the displayed form on Tab1 and submit.

NOTE: User B has to notedown the time that how much second each step takes to finish.

So likewise as much as possible users; say 100 people will follow the designed script in different predefined order.

Also this test case execution is carried out in Batches:

First 20 people will perform. Then another 20 people will add and perform the .... Then another next 20 will add..and so on this goes on.

So the thing we need to identify is when performance degrades and at what time (when another batch of 20 people addition with total becoming 80 users & the last batch takes much more time in executing the steps which is measured in seconds.). Each batch of 20 person has one supervisor having knowledge of application.

try it -acess that application simultaniously by no of users and from ur system do the same thing and check what time its taking for for given request to response .along with that increase no of user manually and check wt is bottleneck of application. at which time system response time will increase.
Bottleneck is the one which slows down the application
It might be no of users or coz no.of transactions....

Performance testing cannot be done manually since it requires heavy investment of human resources and hence automation tools are needed to represent real users i.e Virtual Users.

Correct me if iam not correct...

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2020   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service