Quality is delighting customers
Trying to Give answer of Few. Guys share your answers too :)
1) Tell Me about yourself? - Depend on the Interviewee
2) When will you start testing? - as soon as requirements got freezed testing process should be start.
3) What are entry and exit criteria?
Entry Criteria - A stage or level when a certain activity should be start. i.e. starte creating test Script - will start once an Approved test Plan and Test Strategy Document available. (Assuming approved version of Use case/requirements are available)
Exit Criteria : A stage or level when a certain activity should be stopped. can give many different examples.
4) What is an entry criterion for Test Execution? - Test Scripts are base lined. Application to test is available and deployed on dedicated server.
5) Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing? Can give example of Inspection and Functional Testing.
6) What are different BBT? Which of them you used? No Idea...Anyone can you please tell?
7) How will you prepare Test Data? - Generally Test Data provided by Developers or BA. If now the QA prepared test data based upon validations and business rules given in requirements
8) What is internationalization and Localization Testing?
software testing focused on internationalization and localization aspects of software.
9) When to start testing? Same as 2
10) When to stop testing? Lot of Criteria - when User feel the product has been stable, Testing fund has been finished, Deadline reached etc etc.Never say when Product is bug free as no product is bug free even Six Sigma certified.
11) What is triage? - Process of evaluation the Bug report.
12) What all static testing techniques you implemented? - tell whatever you have tried out in your career.
13) Are you OK to report to a person less experienced than you?
Say what ever you feel. Better to give a diplomatic answer here :)
14) What IF you have problems working with your lead? Again this needs a diplomatic answer.
15) If you are given a chance to work on a testing project alone, what all activities you will do? Which methodology you will implement, why? many answers for it. Different person different mindset so different answer.
16) Difference between Functional, Regression and System Testing? Very standard answer for it..no need to tell :)
17) Difference between CMMI and Six Sigma? Google It.
18) Difference between QC and Bugzilla? QC is a Test Management System, Bug Tracking is one part of it when Bugzilla is only Bug tracking System.
19) When will we use adhoc or exploratory methodologies? If no requirement documents or use cases not available.
20) What are your strengths? Give an honest answer.
21) Why did you choose Testing as a career? Give an Honest answer.
22) Difference between Standalone, Web and Client Server applications? You can explain i, II and III tier applications here and a lot more.
23) Brief about Installation and Un-installation Testing?
24) Difference between positive and negative testing, why do we require both?
Positive Testing = (Not showing error when not supposed to) + (Showing error when supposed to
Negative Testing = (Showing error when not supposed to) + (Not showing error when supposed to)
25) What model will you follow to deliver a product in very short time with very less resources? I follow Agile
DIFF BBT (BLOCK BOX TECHNIQUES)ARE BVA (BOUNDARY VALUE ANANLYSIS), ECP (EQUIVALANCE CLASS PARTICION),DECISION TABLES AND ERROR GUESSING.GIVE SOME EXAMPLES FROM YOUR PROJECTS.
I thinks these are d test design technique
can u plz send the ans on my mail id.
my mail id:email@example.com
Thankful to you for posting
Thanks Siddiq for your post regarding the interview questions... :)
Answer of third and fourth question-
3) What are entry and exit criteria?
4) What is an entry criterion for Test Execution?
Entry Criteria is the process that must be present when a system begins, like,
Exit Criteria ensures whether testing is completed and the application is ready for release, like,
5. What is the difference between Static testing and dynamic testing?
Static Testing (done in Verification stage)
Static Testing is a White Box testing technique where the developers verify or test their code with the help of checklist to find errors in it, this type of testing is done without running the actually developed application or program. Code Reviews, Inspections, Walkthroughs are mostly done in this stage of testing.
Dynamic Testing (done in Validation stage)
Dynamic Testing is done by executing the actual application with valid inputs to check the expected output. Examples of Dynamic Testing methodologies are Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
Some differences between Static Testing and Dynamic Testing are,
Can any one please send me the answers for the above interview questions.It will be of great help.
mail id is firstname.lastname@example.org