Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Hi all,

Given below is the bug,

User is giving inputs to the textbox n checking for o/p.

i/p                            actual o/p                      expected o/p

abc                          cba                               abc

abcd                        dbca                             abcd

ab                            ab                                ab

Can anybody tell me what is the bug in the above example, n how will you write summary for this ?

Thanks in advance.

-S Sarita

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sarita has asked about deffect summary...as per me deffect sumary not contains priority & severity & all details. All are mention in Bug report.

Ankit is right!

This Defect summary is posted onusing Tool I don't think we shall be mmentioning the Severity and priority in Defect Summary!!!

They will be selected in the tool.

If we are doing it in a mail or excel/word sheet, then there are lot of things to mention.

<b>Like Sev & Pri, Detected by, assigned to, release, version, build, detected date, module, project....</b>

Thanks,

Siddiq

Great !!! Siddiq

Expected o/p is not matching the actual o/p when more than 2 chars are entered. Thats the only issue. As a tested with the data given, you can not waste much time on this.

Hi,

I think the last character and first character are getting interchanged. so the summary can be

‘First and last characters of a text are interchanged in the output’

The bug here is that when we are entering more than 2 chracters,the last value and first values getting interchanged...

and as per my opinion ....if you are using qc then you have to just write summary in a simple manner with the proper description and other options you can select from dropdown like severity,priority,and enter others fields:detected date,detected in cycle.,release,assigned to,defect origin: like build,configurational.operational,environmental....

Hi Saritha,

If its possible, will you please provide results with one more user input. So, that we can come to a conclusion what is the actual bug in the software or how the data is getting interpreted.

User Input is abcde.

Summary for the bug should be :- wrong output is displayed when the numbers of characters in user input exceeds 2.

Description : on giving more than 2 character value as input , the position of the input character value changes .

SUMMARY:

First and last character of the output text has been interchanged when the length of the o/p is more than 2 chars.

I think so, rest of the details you know..

-Neel.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2020   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service