Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Why can't i connect to any other system when connected in VPN

hi folks,

pardon me if this post isn't relevant to the forum.

My question is -

I am connected to VPN to access my clients host system.

Simultaneously, when i try to access any of my colleagues system using RUN on the local LAN, i have no access to it. Similarly no one is able to access my system too on LAN.

Whats the reason for this.

Please let me know if you have any idea on WHY???

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anusha ,

It is possible to access ur collegues system , it is depend up on ur firewal conditions. or ur admin permisson .

thanks chinna. I am clueless in this area. I'll contact my Network administrator for further details. Thanks a lot...:)

Try the following steps and check if it helps. 

Step 1 : 

Make sure your NIC drivers are updated just in case you have not been able to update by referring the link given below.

You can also update drivers manually and check.

Steps to update drivers manually from the Device manager.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.‌

2.      In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.

3.      Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Step 2 : 

Make sure your firewall allows file and printer sharing 

If you're using Windows Firewall, you can skip this section, because Windows Firewall automatically opens the correct ports for file and printer sharing when you share something or turn on network discovery. (For more information about network discovery, see What is network discovery?) If you're using another firewall, you must open these ports yourself so that your computer can find other computers and devices that have files or printers that you want to share.

To find other computers running Windows Vista or Windows 7, open these ports: 

UDP 3702

UDP 5355

TCP 5357

TCP 5358

To find other computers running earlier versions of Windows, and to use file and printer sharing on any version of Windows, open these ports: 

UDP 137

UDP 138

TCP 139

TCP 445

UDP 5355

To find network devices, open these ports: 

UDP 1900

TCP 2869

UDP 3702

UDP 5355

TCP 5357

TCP 5358

To make HomeGroup work correctly between computers running Windows 7, open these ports:

UDP 137

UDP 138

TCP 139

TCP 445

UDP 1900

TCP 2869

UDP 3540

TCP 3587

UDP 3702

UDP 5355

TCP 5357

TCP 5358

Step 3 : 

Turn on additional file and printer sharing options

By changing your network location to Home or Work, network discovery is automatically turned on . You can also turn on these sharing options individually:

* Network discovery

* File sharing (in Windows 7, this is automatically turned on when you share a file or folder)

* Public folder sharing

When you turn on these options, your computer can: 

* Find other computers and devices on your home network and have other computers find your computer

* Share its files and folders

* Share its Public folders

Step 4 : 

To turn on network discovery, file and printer sharing, and public folder sharing in Windows 7 

1. Open Advanced sharing settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click Change advanced sharing settings.

2. Click the chevron Picture of the chevron icon to expand the Home or Work network profile.

3. Select the options to turn on network discovery and file sharing.

4. Under Public folder sharing, do one of the following:

* To share your Public folders so that people on other computers on the network can open files in them but can't create or change files, click Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open files.

* To share your Public folders so that people on other computers on the network can open files in them and also create or change files, click Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open, change, and create files.

Click Save changes. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To turn on network discovery, file sharing, public folder sharing, and printer sharing in Windows 7

1.  Open Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel.

2.  Under Sharing and Discovery, click the chevron Picture of the chevron icon next to File sharing to expand the section, click Turn on file sharing, and then click Apply. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Click the chevron Picture of the chevron next to Public folder sharing to expand the section, and then do one of the following:

* To share the Public folder so that people on other computers on the network can open files in it but can't create or change files, click Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open files, and then click Apply. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. This is the default setting.

* To share the Public folder so that people on other computers on the network can open files in it and also create or change files, click Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open, change, and create files, and then click Apply. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Click the chevron Picture of the chevron next to Printer sharing to expand the section, click Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Awesome networking services. Came to know about reputed best windows vpn from my best friend . Signed up last week. She is using these from a long period of time. Really happy with great services and unbeatable speed. Thankful for her great suggestion.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2019   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service