Quality is delighting customers
What I feel is that automation testing has more advantages as compared to the manual testing and because of that I like automation testing more.
Benefits of automation testing
Get more meaningful reporting:
Many automation testing tools come with a tracking system inbuilt in them for each test script. With visual logs describing all the test script execution, it makes life simpler.
If you need 100% accuracy every time you run the test, then you should go for automation. Even a security manual testing specialist can make errors at times while executing the same set of activity for a long time. So, increase the accuracy of automation.
Optimal usage of resource:
Manual testing might need more manpower compared to automation. Implementation of automation process absolutely brings down the manpower demand.
Get better test coverage:
At the time you might come across test cases having more than hundred lines of code and in such cases, it becomes very tough to manage it through manual testing efforts. Automation can certainly bring in the better test coverage with enhancements.
Bug detection at an early stage:
Implementing automation at the first stage of the project makes sure early bug detection, saving a lot of effort and time.
As per practices of functional testing services,
When to use Manual Testing:
1) Manual Testing is helpful when we have to do Exploratory Testing. In this testing, the tester's knowledge, experience, analytical skill, and creativity is required. When we have poorly written specification documentation or we have a short time for execution so for this we need human skill to execute the testing process.
2) When we have an unplanned method of testing and there is no specific approach to test the application then manual testing can help us.
3) When our application is not stable and there are frequent changes going into the application then Manual Testing will work.
4) Manual testing comes in scope when we have to run test cases very frequently like once or twice in a week or month.
5) Small changes in application like updating in id, class any other UI changes won't effect manual tester execution efforts.
6) In manual testing, human observation is included so it can be useful to deliver a user-friendly system.
7) Manual testing should be done completely on application to make it ready for Automation testing.
8) Knowledge of programming is not required in manual testing.
9) Manual testing provides fast and more accurate visual feedback.
10) Manual testing is less expensive as we do not need to spend too much on automation tools.
11) Automation testing done with tools so there is less human interference. so it may not provide user user-friendly or positive customer experience.
When to use Automation Testing:
1) Automation testing comes in scope when we have a stable application.
2) When we have to do Regression Testing, Load Testing or repeatable functional test cases then automation testing can be helpful.