Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Which is the best place to start your career in software testing?

Which is the best place to start your career in software testing ?

I Mean 2 say where they will get the actual environment, opportunity to learn something new in testing field as well as get the opportunity for growth in the same.

And if you are in software testing profession where you would like to go?

Regards,
Snehasish Saha

Views: 411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Best place would be to start as a software tester (Jr. level) and work your way up.

I have been in Software Testing for about 9 years now and I have risen up the ladder at a pretty good rate. However, my target position is that of a:

-> Senior Delivery Manager

-> Vice-President, QA

Hi,

I will say, To teach software Testing is the bestway to startup with.

Teaching one time is like lerning twice.

Aftersome time you will be more clear with testing concepts and methodologies,

Which will be helpful once u ll start work in industry.

-S Sarita.

Fresher in QA

Sorry Testers

I think my question is not clear....

I mean to say "which is the best city to start your career as a software tester in India?"

Today each and every s/w company in India(except MNC's) hire a test engineer or tester or QA but they are not providing proper or actual  environment for testing. They are just hiring a tester since they are ISO certified.

So a tester is not getting proper environment again they are not getting any opportunity to learn new things. So there is no question for growth or to improve career prospect.

Ok ... We Got your Point...  but I am not agree with  you...  !!!

You should have the will to learn then only you are going to learn...  I mean to say that if You really want to be well up in testing then you need to learn yourself . no any organization is going to teach you anything... For example I would like to tell you that I have friends in Big Companies like IBM and TCS  but some of my friends are better than them however they are not in that much big companies...  and even You would be surprised to know that Some of my Students are really better than 60 % of the QT Users but they are Searching for Jobs... so the point is :--- You will have to learn ... 

Ya I agree "If You really want to be well up in testing then you need to learn yourself . no any organization is going to teach you anything". 

But whats about environment and resources????

I think those MNC's or cmm level 5 companies provide the actual environment and again they follow some procedures for Testing. If anybody wants to learn new things then it is already available there. And its different thing whether he/she is utilizing it or not it completely depends upon the individual.

And again as you know testing experience not comes from bookish knowledge.

As have told that "Some of my Students are really better than 60 % of the QT Users but they are Searching for Jobs... so the point is :--- You will have to learn ... ".

You mean to say that QT members are not interested in learning new things?? I do not agree with you.

Definitely testers from all around India have joined QT forum to learn and share something. So you cannot say that they are not interested in learning.

Okay.. even I dont want you to be agree with me.... you are free to have your own opinion ... but what do you know about MNC's...??? ! In Big MNC's , being a fresher or Junior .. You are simply the part of Projects for billing purposes .. You are not at all the valuable resource ... at no point of time you can get liberty to do what you wish to do... Your work will be reviewed all the time... even I have contacts they don't have permission to Design the test cases ... they get the Approved test cases and they are simply responsible for executing the test cases.... Now you are free to decide that what you are going to learn....  You must not forget that in big companies there are loads of persons working , and for each task they have separate resources available..  so Definitely A person with will to learn is going to learn... 

as far as points related to my students are concerned .. I think You could not get it properly...  Here I just wanted to tell you that Members of QT ( Maximum are Employed either in Big or in Small Org ) are working but my students are freshers but still they have got the Knowledge .. So In testing .. working experience is something else and Knowledge of Concepts is something else...   

I never said they are not learning ... of course they do... thats why they are here...

Thanks for your reply mohan...

Ya i know "Every Place has its own Pros and Cons".

My question is "which is the best city to start your career as a software tester in India?" according to you.

I think we have agreed that wherever you go, you need to do hard work and be on top of your game. 

Even though I don't live in India, but from what my friends and cousins say, opportunities are available in cities like: Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai.....

All the best!

For learning courses Hyderabad is best one (Low cost & lot of institution)

For getting calls Bangalore is best one, Ri8 now.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2021   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service