Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

which is the best method to find the breaking point /maximum afforded users concurrently using jmeter

I wish to find the listeners /or the flow using jmeter to find this crash point rather than the response time increases .(we can stop stress testing our application when for a measured throughput the measured response time is too high)but this is based on the response time taken inorder or how rather th request is handled/processed.

i thinkthat " we can stop stress testing our application when your system crashes / collapses / starts to behave unexpectedly ".

while determining the point of break ,for this.

a) which is the best test plan ?

b) which is the suitable listener( i usually user result tree,but consumes a lot of memory ) ?

c)Any other supportive methods to determine the max users count under concurrency ?

please help me

Views: 865

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

In that kind of case you should never use the graphical user interface for large amount of connections. When I'm doing that kind of testing, I usually have following kind of setup:

1) "Control machine" (or process) which is running about 20 threads and GUI with some view which shows unique response times. E.g. table view is quite nice.

2) Then the main plan is executed from the command line. It depends a bit how much you expect the server to stand what kind of ramp up time I'm using. If you are expecting it to work with around 100 concurrent threads, then put the ramp up to at least half hour. If you are expecting it so stand a lot more, then I'd use JMeter-plugins.

Log everything you can to CSV-file. It helps you to do more detailed analyze with Excel.

From the "control machine" I'd check from the user interface how system is behaving. When there starts to be huge delays or plenty of error cases, I'd stop the testing. Then import logs to the Excel and start investigating what was the breaking point.

Can you be  more specific ? espesially the point 2 .

please tell  me with an example .

actually my target is ,identify the cocurrent user level/max load that can afford while running request under a server

JMeter provides a number of Assertions  to ensure that response matches your expectations. For instance you can use Duration Assertion to mark tests as failed if response time exceeds reasonable threshold or Response Assertion to check status code or whether response contains expected line or doesn't contain words like "error" or "exception". 

See How to Use JMeter Assertions in 3 Easy Steps guide for more details on using Assertions in your JMeter test.    

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2022   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service