Quality is delighting customers
As a Software tester, I would love to list out some top types of functional testing, check below;
If you want to read more about this you can also check here: Different Type of Functional Testing Techniques
As per practices of functional testing services, Functional testing is mainly performed for ensuring the business requirements whether application is working as per requirements or not. It is a kind of black box testing where testers only examines the functionality of the application without digging deep into it internally.
Types of functional testing:
1. Unit Testing: It is simply to validate the working of code logics whether their individual units work properly or not like functions, methods, etc.
2. Smoke Testing: Smoke testing is mainly performed once a new build is provided to the tester. It is done to validate the stability of new build.
3. Sanity Testing: Sanity testing is somewhat related to Smoke testing only as it is also performed once a new build is provided. The difference which is observed in both them is that smoke testing is performed to test only the critical and important functionalities, however, Sanity is performed by keeping focus on executing test cases that are related to the changes made to the build.
4. Integration Testing: Integration testing verifies the linking between two units like if you select any option in the first page of application then it should correctly reflect selected in its second page.
5. Regression Testing: Regression testing is performed to make sure that new build with newly added features do not make any negative impact on the existing features.
6. User Acceptance Testing(UAT): UAT is performed before the final releasing of the product. It is performed by applying scenarios as per end user's perspective. If it successfully passed, then product is launched into the market.
7. System Testing: Here, QA team validates the application with end to end system specifications once complete functionality structure is integrated.