Quality is delighting customers
1. Whatever test cases you want to run in regression should be automated (Obviously , we will consider only feasible ones.)
2. The tests which are not possible by human.
3. Features which we should automate or not.
For the new automation project: We have to consider time and cost associated with the automation effort. And skill set as well. If we are starting with the automation its not easy to convince the client for automation. So we can have figures which shows benefits of automation in long run.
1. The scenarios have to be derived such that the end to end functionality of the application is covered or all the business flows of the application are working fine.
2.The scenarios identified should be independent of other test scenarios – which have their own pre-conditions and data set identified – this ensures that a scenario is a story in itself and the automated test is like an usage of the application by any end user.........
Tips to Create Good Automation Scenarios
Writing good automation test scenarios can be considered as an Artistic Science (scientific approach + artistic touch). Besides product knowledge, writing automation test scenarios requires an understanding of the business context of the end user.
Here are some of the tips deriving automation scenarios from requirements:
Create the test scenarios as follows:
1. Find out all your functional work flow
2. check the How many re-usable scripts can be used in your application, based upon your flow
3. Separate major function into different module
4. Before creating scripts verify any bugs / issues on your application
5. Create all your test data into separate sheet ( If it is data driven model)
Once you developed your scenarios, writing the test case scripts will be easy to access
Test case :
1. Only you need to considered all the positive flow of your application
if i missed /wrong please let me know.