Most of the times it is not possible to test the whole application within the specified time. In such situations it’s better to find out the risk factors in the projects and concentrate on them.
Here are some points to be considered when you are in such a situation:
1) Find out Important functionality in your project?
2) Find out High-risk module of the project?
3) Which functionality has the largest financial impact on users?
4) Which aspects of the application are most important to the customer?
5) Which parts of the code are most complex, and thus most subject to errors?
6) What do the developers think are the highest-risk aspects of the application?
7) What kinds of problems would cause the most customer service complaints?
8) What kinds of tests could easily cover multiple functionalities?
what kind of methods do we need to follow to find out the complex module's and important module, how do we know that is most important module, how to finding out the high risk module, how do you define particular module is high risk module or functionality could you please explain,if so it would be very help full for every one.....
The test manager should identify the criteria to hi used when prioritizing tests. These will
include but are not limited to:
Visibility of failure.
Business priority assigned to the requirement.
How much change the function has undergone.
How error prone is this module.
How critical is it to the business.
How technically complex is it.
How difficult is it to test.
How costly is it to test.
Keep the test priority with the test at all times. This_ will prevent you from developing and designing
lo_ priority tests that never get run. Use a scheme of high, medium, low