I have install Selenium IDE only (still not install RC & Core) and also test one of module (. NET).
can you please guide me in following scenario,
1. Consider I have on application say Asset Management
2. Open the Selenium IDE and create new test case using File - New Test Case
3. Now, I records one module fro the application lets say Add Asset , by clicking "Record" button in Selenium IDE.
4. I fill all text fields and selects the values from dropdown lists from the Add Asset page
5. Now After submit I Stop the recording.
6. While play back It runs properly but I need to know following things
--It play back with the same inputs which i gave while recording.
--suppose I want to add 10-15 Assets thru this Add Asset form using This tool. Hows it possible? ( I think this is known as Data Driven functionality ... but I dont know abt how it is used in Selenium IDE )
--How to handle with unexpected window/pop ups?
-- how to test individual text fields & dropdowns ..(like we test validations on text fields manually ..text field with only numbers, standard email ids etc)
-- how can we maintain reports or logs using selenium.
I want to work with selenium can you please guide me here step bye step ..
if u provides examples with different scenarios then it will helpfull for us ..
HI Sarang Dalal ,
1.By using selenium IDE we can't test for the iteration.For this u need go with selenium RC.Here you can write the For loop and then u can do 1--15 Assests.
2.To verify text fields & Drop down values use the below functions which are avaliable in selenium.
Determines whether some option
in a drop-down menu is selected.
3.For any help find the attached file.It may be help ful for ur quires.