Quality is delighting customers
Actually this a Interview Questions for a 2+ Year Experience Candidate. He asked the candidate to write Three Scenarios for the below requirement which should show his experience in Testing.
A Normal application form used for Joining a the employee with the following fields:
1. Emp Id (Should be Unique)
2. Emp Name (Text accepts Char from (5-10))
3. Gender Radio Button 1. Male 2. Female
4. From date (dd-mm-yyyy) and To Date (dd-mm-yyyy)
5. Two Buttons 1. OK and 2. Cancel
Please rethink before posting ur comments friends. Ur comments should show 2+ years of Testing Experience ur Test Scenarios.
Hope my question is Clear ???
There are 19 Views and still Not a single Reply !!!
I Dint Expect this Before joining this as a member !!!
Here are the Scenarios,
1) Fill in all correct values and click OK - Positive Case ( Details shall be ingested into DB)
2) Without filling anything click OK - Msg to enter shall be prompted
3) Partially filling fileds click OK - Relavant Msg to enter shall be prompted
4) Without filling anything click Cancel - controls hall transfer to relavant page
5) After filling everything click Cancel - control shall transfer to relavant page
6) Partially fill fileds and click Cancel - control shall transfer to relavant page
7) Refersh the page after filling all/few fileds - fields shall be cleared
8) Use combination of field level validations(Unique ID, Gender selected, Date, Emp Name) for Positive and Negative cases...
Many could be drawn, these are enough...
yes, siddiq has provided simple and general scenarios for the above requirements. Thanks siddiq.
@Umesh Kumar Somani, hello umesh we all are here just to share knowledge only. (There are 19 Views and still Not a single Reply !!!, I Dint Expect this Before joining this as a member !!!) - Don't use this type of words friend.
Why ur looking "Views" it will show the views +1 if a single candidate refresh the page again and again.
Hi Raja Sekhar,
I aplogize for using such harsh words.
Siddiq has given you some of the scenarios.. but I personally think that We need to write for 30 minutes if we want to Cover maximum of the Scenario.. one thing I would like to add here that : Employee Id ( should be unique ) Is it a text box or it is auto generated ..?? If Its a text box than Siddiq has missed a very major scenario Where we would test for Uniqueness in +ve as well as -ve manner ..
then we would go for Field level as well as Form level validations ... ( Application specific )..
It has been covered, you expect me to pen down each and every scenario?
I have been writing TC/TS as generic as possible.
I am sorry I couldn't notice your point..... had I seen it I must not have mentioned It... even my comment above indicates it...
Thanks a lot for the great response and sorry for taking a bit time for conveying it.
I came with with all most all the scenarios which u mentioned above. But the reply from the Interviewer was "This is what u can come up with with a Exp of 2 Years"
So i was thinking what more scenarios can be added which i was missing. This is question which forced me to join this Community. So i got lil in dilema thats it.
1. Field validation (Date field should accept only Date type value, Employee name should accept 5 to 15 chars)
2. Buttons enable and displable behavior
3. Error message if any mandatory field value is missing.
4. Enter exising employee id for a new employee then system should throw a proper error (User friendly error message) message.
i would have replied this question like this....
As being tester i will go through following strategy.
---->first i will do smoke testing, it means i will provide all valid details and check for the system responce.
if smoke testing is passed then
---->i will start with positive criteria...
i will provide all combination of valid details for the field because after all intention is to verify that all element in the form are working properly(as being experinced you dont need to explain all what detail u will enter or scenario, but just explain as i have written. you may give 1 or 2 examples only)
---->then i will start with negative scnario.. here main goal is to break the functionality... (e.x. enter the same employee id to check that system should not allow same id again)