Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Hi All,
I have a doubt in between TESTING & VALIDATION... i think both are  the same , so Can any one  please clear it, if i am wrong.

Thanks

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TESTING

You go for a driving test. The instructor/officer, tests you for the various factors while you are driving. IN software, you run a software to test for the various capabilities/functions that it has/can perform successfully and repeatedly.

VALIDATION

Again in the driving context... You get a driving licence which says it is valid till a cetain date, afdter which it becomes invalid, unless revalidated by the competent authority. Yet another example...no product/document is legal unless it is validated by the competent authority.

I hope it clarifies your doubts.

Blessings

Dr Ananthakrishnan
Hi Ananth,
Thank you so very much for your clarification on my doubt but still i didn't get this point
" no product/document is legal unless it is validated by the competent authority"
can you please again clarify it ?

Thanks A Lot.
hey,

Testing
|
/ \
Verification Validation
Early in SDLC Later in SDLC
By Developer By Tester
white box Black box

Verifyication is the technique to verify that the s/w that is being build conform to the requirements od the customer.Generally after each ,odule is developed.

Validation is the technique that verifies that the s/w that has been build meets the requirement specified by the customer.

Regards,
Smita
Validation :- it is the process of evaluating product according to specification req. document.

Testing :- it is the process of find out the difference between actual and expected result.
Thank You So Very Much To All Of U :)
Verification:
The process of evaluating software to determine whether the products of a given development phase satisfy the conditions imposed at the start of that phase.
Validation: The process of evaluating software during or at the end of the development process to determine whether it satisfies specified requirements. [IEEE-STD-610]
In other words, validation ensures that the product actually meets the user's needs, and that the specifications were correct in the first place, while verification is ensuring that the product has been built according to the requirements and design specifications. Validation ensures that ‘you built the right thing’. Verification ensures that ‘you built it right’. Validation confirms that the product, as provided, will fulfil its intended use.

Testing is part of verification.
TestingThe process of exercising or evaluating a system component by manual or automated means
to verify that it satisfies requirements or to identify differences between expected and actual
results.

Validation
Establishing by objective evidence that all software requirements have been implemented
correctly and completely and are traceable to system requirements.

Verification
Confirming that the output from a development phase meets the input requirements for that
phase.

Hope it helps,
Regards,
Zahid.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2021   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service