Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Hi Folks,

Here are some of the questions i faced in interview recently. If anyone knows about the answers pls share.

1. What  is difference between adhoc and exploratory testing
2.Suppose you have found a bug in test env and developer is not able to reproduce it in his dev environment what ll u do?
3.If new requirement comes, how ll you estimate the testing effort. how many days u ll take to test that
4. in what phase of STLC compatibility testing s done?
5. Why do we write test cases? We can start testing based on requirement doc provided by client.what is the need to write test cases?

5. U have application installed in client machine having username, password, submit and cancel buttons
suppose requirement says that when u enter user-name in the uid field it ll take 48 hrs to reflect that in particular table in DB. How ll you test this?
ll you wait for 48 hrs and then test it or this can be done in less than 48 hrs

These are some of the questions i faced in interview recently. If anyone knows about the answers pls share.

Regards
Shiveta

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

. Exploratory Testing:
Before going to test we have to understand the purpose of the application / project, also called as Adhoc testing

It is a type of testing in which one will (Domain Experts) perform testing on the application with out having the knowledge of requirements but by exploring the functionality.

ADHOC Testimg

It is a type of testing in which one will perform testing on the application in his own style after understanding the requirements clearly.
Does it mean exploratory testing is a part of ad-hoc testing?
Why do we write test cases?
The basic objective of writing test cases is to validate the testing coverage of the application. If you are working in any CMMi company then you will strictly follow test cases standards. So writing test cases brings some sort of standardization and minimizes the ad-hoc approach in testing.
2.Suppose you have found a bug in test env and developer is not able to reproduce it in his dev environment what ll u do?

You must ask dev to install\setup test environment and try to repro the issue as the build on which testing is done will be sent to customers.

As long as issue repros in test environment bug will be there and will be in 'Active' state.
5. U have application installed in client machine having username, password, submit and cancel buttons
suppose requirement says that when u enter user-name in the uid field it ll take 48 hrs to reflect that in particular table in DB. How ll you test this?
ll you wait for 48 hrs and then test it or this can be done in less than 48 hrs

In such cases generally we do have access to database and will change the timestamp from 'Current date' to 'Current date-2' for the creation date and will do testing.

No company allows you to wait for 2 days to execute one test case ;)
in what phase of STLC compatibility testing s done?

Once the basic feature is thoroughly tested and the compatable product is ready we can do compatibilty testing.

For ex: I have reports in my application and i can export them to excel to save and for easy usage\access.
So, for compatibilty testing if minimum data is getting displayed(even if it is inaccurate..it does n't matter) to check for compatibility.

So, for compatibilty tetsing it depends on applicaton and requirement and the importance of taht feature.

Hope this helps
Answer of 1st question:
1. Ad hoc testing: In order to find out defect from the application,software tester execute the application without any formal documentation i.e. no test planning,no test case designing and it is unstructured.but it can also be a strength:
the important bugs can be found quickly.The tests are intended to be run only once, unless a defect is discovered

2. Exploratory testing:This testing is similar to the ad-hoc testing and is done in order to learn/explore the application.But three processes of it done simultaneously i.e learn,test design,test execution.Little formal documentation is done while test execution in order to reproduce similar test.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2020   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service