Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Hi Friends,

I recently faced an interview and I am in doubt regarding a few questions asked. Kindly give your views on the following:

1. If there are only 2 modules in an application, would integration testing and system testing be same? If not why?

2. How would you convince a customer that the number of test cases you have tested covers all scenarios and his application is safe to implement?

3. What is the difference b/w performance testing and load testing?

Views: 1458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anisha,

For better understanding in a simple way:

System Testing  - Combination of functionality and non functionality testing. Eg: Performance testing comes under non functionality. But integration is a part of functionality testing. You are done with your integration testing(because only two modules). Don't you check whether your appln is upto the mark or not?

Also, we can say, testing environment is just the same as the production environment.

Integration: Combining two modules and check whether the application is working fine or not.

Eg: Yahoo Mail - Click Compose Mail, Write your mail then Click the send button. Once you click the send button the mail should automatically will reach the Sent items folder. So here some kinda integration is happening.

For third question, Load testing is comes under Performance Testing.

Note: All, correct me in case if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Prady

Thanks Pradeep. The first answer was helpful. But then, is load testing only related to volume ? If yes, then what is stress testing? And then is performance testing about speed?

Hi Anisha,

Load testing is not related to volume... and yeah Stress testing.. that is diff too...

Well, my personal advise to you, never thing QA or testing is quite easy when compare to development... saying definition is very easy in testing... but real time experience or results will vary from project to project and company to company.....a

As you said my answer was useful, if tomorrow someone ask you the same question, just give the reply what i said to you.. it was just a one line info abt it...i can assure you no one ask you sub question in that..

ping me offline, the problems which you are facing and the doubts....

Good Luck

- Pradeep

Y! SDC,

INDIA

:)

Hi Gouri Shankar,

This is Sravanthi,  could you please explain with an example for diff between "Performance testing" and "Load Testing".

Thanks in Advance,

Sravanthi.

hi Sravanthi,

iam sorry for responding late.

performence testing :(pt).

pt is used to evaluate the speed of processing of an application depending on the Clients expected configuaration, environment , load and Expected load , memory ...

this  performence can be devided in to several ways , given by

1)load testing  2)stress testing  3) volume testing ....................

Load Testing : it is a part of performence testing in which we are going to evaluate the applications response at given or specied user level.

I appricite your Comments.

Regsrds,

Gouri sankar

Hi Gouri,

Thanks for your reply. They are very helpful. Though I am still confused with the load testing and performance testing.

Hi,

If there are two modules then integration and system testing will not be same. In integration testing we follow top down or bottom up approach,While in system testem we test whole testing Like functionality, compatibility, usability,Load and stress 

Hi Anisha,

1. Both are totally different in any case.

In the Integration testing we have to check whether all the module & sub module is working properly after integration.

In the System testing we have to test both Functional & Non Functional things of the application.

2. You can use the Requirement Traceability Matrix for convincing the customer If your Software Requirement Specification  is up to the mark.

3. Performance testing include both Stress & Load testing.

In the Stress testing you are limiting the resources but in load testing you have to check on which point system is getting degraded.

Thanks,

Chandan

Hi,

1. If there are only 2 modules in an application, would integration testing and system testing be same? If not why?

Answer

Nope, integration testing and system testing not be same. Question is why?

to understand why we must know what we are doing in integration testing and system testing.

Integration Testing:  Integration testing is the phase in software testing in which individual software modules are combined and tested as a group. It is a logical extension of unit testing. Test interfaces between component, interaction between different parts of system such as an operating system, file system and hardware or interface between systems.

System Testing: Concerned with the behaviour of the whole system/product as defined by the scope of a development project or product. System testing is performed on the entire system in the context of a Functional Requirement Specification(s) (FRS) and/or a System Requirement Specification (SRS). System testing tests not only the design, but also the behaviour and even the believed expectations of the customer. It is also intended to test up to and beyond the bounds defined in the software/hardware requirements specification(s). By Definition, System Testing is conducted on the complete integrated system and on a replicated production environment.

###############

2. How would you convince a customer that the number of test cases you have tested covers all scenarios and his application is safe to implement?

Answer: It is quite difficult to answer this question. Because its is depends on product to product and customer relationship. But you can list down the requirement document, use case scenarios and use the product design document and test case no. executed to convince a customer.

################

3. What is the difference b/w performance testing and load testing?

Answer:

Performance Testing: In software engineering, performance testing is testing that is performed, to determine how fast some aspect of a system performs under a particular workload. It can also serve to validate and verify other quality attributes  of the system, such as scalability, reliability  and resource usage.

Load Testing: Load testing is the simplest form of performance testing. A load test is usually conducted to understand the behavior of the application under a specific expected load. This load can be the expected concurrent number of users on the application performing a specific number of transactions within the set duration.  e.g. the number of parallel users and/or numbers of transactions, to determine what load can be handled by the component or system.

is the phase in software testing in which individual software modules are combined and tested as a group.

Nicely Explained Ranjeet...

Thanks.

my pleasure :)

Hey good one..Thanks a lot :)

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2021   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service