Quality is delighting customers
Kindly share your thoughts on this, In one of the interviewer asked as Difference between Quality Assurance(QA) and Quality Control(QC) and as as senior test engineer, Have you involved in both?If yes give some details on both? If not why?
1. Quality assurance meant for developing, organizing the best quality process
2. QA is process related
3. QA focuses on building in quality and hence preventing defects
4. QA: Deals with process
5. QA: for entire life cycle
6. Quality Assurance makes sure you are doing the right things, the right way.
7. QA is preventive process.
1. Quality control meant for implementing the process developed by former team
2. QC is the actual testing of the software
3. QC focuses on testing for quality and hence detecting defects
4. QC: Deals with product
5. QC: for testing part in SDLC
6. Quality Control makes sure the results of what you've done are what you expected
7. QC is corrective process.
Raja Sekhar is correct .. However, this question has been discussed a number of times. You can search for the same!
In simplest words QA is the process to improve the overall development process to avoid issues/bugs and problem faced in past and QC is to check and authorized the correctness of any software product.
The terms themselves say it:
Quality Assurance - To assure that will be provide a good quality product.
Quality Control - To test the software and find bugs and to make sure it meets the requirements.
@ Raja sekar, @Samrat, @Milin - Thanks for yr valuable info.
• Quality control relates to a specific product or service.
• Quality control verifies whether specific attribute(s) are in, or are not in, a specific
product or service.
• Quality control identifies defects for the primary purpose of correcting defects.
• Quality control is the responsibility of the team/worker.
• Quality control is concerned with a specific product.
• Quality assurance helps establish processes.
• Quality assurance sets up measurement programs to evaluate processes.
• Quality assurance identifies weaknesses in processes and improves them.
• Quality assurance is a management responsibility, frequently performed by a staff
• Quality assurance is concerned with all of the products that will ever be produced by a
• Quality assurance is sometimes called quality control over quality control because it
evaluates whether quality control is working.
• Quality assurance personnel
Hopes this helps
@Rohit - Thanks for yr useful response .