6. Test Deliverables

7. Test Strategy

Thanks,
Ramesh

Views: 444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can anybody tell me the answer.

Who told you that for these all documents there should be Entry as well as Exit criteria...????

IF we take Test Case document, Entry criteria is SRS or FRS. Exit criteria is Test Case Pass/Fail percentage report or Test Report.

SO I need to know the entry and exit criteria for others.

I was asked this question when I attended the interview for Polaris.

For these all documents  we can't have entry and exit criteria ...  and if you talk in that sense which you have indicated then .. even for test cases you can't say SRS and FRS is the Entry criteria...   because If I write test cases for Integration testing  then SRS has nothing to do with it....     It is written against Design Spec, UCs, Workflows , etc... so for different test cases different activities or documents can be the entry criteria....     So entry and Exit criteria has much to do with Levels of testing ...............

and You say Exit criteria for test case is Fail/Pass  but it is not necessary that each and every test cases will be executed..........     A person is free to ask anything in Interview ..... I can surely write entry criteria for these all docs .. but I even I am waiting for folks to reply regarding exit criteria for the same...........

thanks for your information. what you told is acceptable. entry and exit criteria will differ from organization to organization.

I am just asking a basic information for all these documents, at least to tell something in my next interview.:)

Hi Ramesh,

1. Test Plan
    1. Entry – Requirements should be freezed
    2. Exit –Test plan should be prepared included
      1.   Estimates
      2.   resource planning
      3.   Schedules
  2. Test Case
    1. Entry – Requirements documents and Design docs if any should be freezed
    2. Exit – All the test cases should be documented and approved
  3. Traceability Matrix
    1. Entry – Requirements and Test cases should be ready for creating a Requirements traceability matrix
    2. Exit – Matrix ready and have proper
  4. Test Summary Report
    1. Entry – Testing should be done
    2. Exit – sending summary of testing to required stakeholders
  5. Bug Report
    1. Entry – build should be ready and testing should be in progress
    2. Exit – submitting the bugs into bug tracking tool and assigning them to respective developer
  6. Test Deliverables
    1. Entry – Testing should be completed and ready for releasing the test bed to UAT
    2. Exit – shared test artifacts to all stakeholders
  7. Test Strategy
    1. Entry – All requirements are ready and approved.
    2. Exit – Test plan document should be ready and approved by a test manager

Hope this helps :-)

Thanks,

Vijaya

Vijaya has given a nice try to It ... but I am not agree with most of the points .. to name a few ...

1) For test Plan, input document is  "Project Plan" should be ready and should have been approved ... 

3) TM is prepared during life cycle of the Project ... so have dependability on Design specs too ...then further it deals with Code , Test Condition , Test scenario then test case comes ......... So needs to be corrected ...

5) Bug report .. Build should be ready...?? Disagree .. around 60% of the bugs are found in the requirement itself ..

6) Test deliverables .. Even the Test Plan comes under test deliverables .. then testing should be complete .???  

7) for Test strategy input document is Test policy ..  and as far as Exit criteria for test plan is written .. that Test Plan should be ready and approved by test manager ...  I strongly feel Test Plan is prepared by Test Manager but approved by Project Manager ....  

Regards:

Samrat 

Entry Criteria:

Entry criteria denotes the conditions or process that must be present  before the test process can begin:

For example: Test plan,Test stratergy,Test case.

Exit Criteria:

Exit criteria denotes the conditions or process that must be present before a cycle completes.

For example:Test summary report,Bug report,Test deliverables,Traceability matrix.

Senthamilselvan ,

Dude You are requested to at least read the question before you ans...  being a tester your job is to verify and then validate ... but what you are doing is neither verification nor validation .... I hope you would take it positively...

Regards:

Samrat

Hi Samrat,

Thanks for the Review :-)

5) could you pls let us know how will you find 60% bugs in the requirements without executing the test cases?

6) "Test artifacts' means all the Test deliverables including Test Plan, Test results, test summary report, Tracebility etc........

7) Test plan will be prepared by Test lead and approved by Test Manager as per our process. It may vary from company to company.

Thanks,

Vijaya

Hi Vijaya,

You are welcome ...!  and sure I have the content to support my answer ..

5) Requirement  Specifications are the Largest source of bugs( around 60 % ) , Design is 2nd largest ( around 30%) and then code comes which is 3rd largest source of bugs ( with only 5%) ...   As far as finding bugs in specs are concerned, I will find them with the help of Verification..( Reviews , Walk-through and Inspection followed by Static analysis ) and for that test cases are never written ... we do that with the help of check-lists .......

6) That is what I wanted to tell you... in your 1st reply , You meant to say that entry criteria for Test Deliverables is testing should be complete ...  but all of the test artifacts comes under test deliverable ... so are you still backing your point..???

7) Test plan is prepared by Test manager or at least test lead  and further approved by Project Manager ...  and it has nothing to do with your process...  FYI  Concepts are never organization dependent  . doesn't matter which organization is doing what ..  . for example in my current organization I being Senior tester responsible for each and every activity of testing but I cant tell anyone that Preparing test plan is the responsibility of a senior tester ............

Regards :

Samrat .

Thanks for the Clarification Samrat :-)

Thanks,

Vijaya

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2022   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by