Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

If requirements are changing continuously how will you deal with that, which testing techniques will u follow?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Priya

Views: 1027

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Ms.Priya

This problem was raised six months back by someone. I suggested practical approach which I implemented successfully so you may refer the solution to this at Concern-19 and Concern-4 in below url

http://mysdlc.webs.com/testing.htm

I welcome your comments.

G.N.Mallikarjuna Rao

If requirements are changing continuously, I try to keep my test cases at a high level so that I do not need to spend an excessive amount of time rewriting test cases.

agree with Bill..also we can use any other methodology rathar than the traditional one,for example we can use agile method so we can insure early customer involvement or prototyping to develop first a prototype then take a feedback from customer

Mr.Bill,

Could u pls explain about the levels of testcase?

How you will set the levels and where you will mention this?

I will be happy if you explain in detail.

hello sir, would u please explain what is high level test cases with example and how it is prepared?

hi,

High level test case implies not writing the test case steps in detail, instead writing statements that describe the steps in general. Here is an example for a test case to Add User in my scenario -

Normally a test case to add a user would be -

1. Go to the site - whatever.com.
  2. Login with the admin user.
  3. Click on the Accounts tab. Select the buttton - Add User.
  4. On the Add user form is titled 'Add User'.
  5. Enter the details for First Name, Last Name, Middle Name, Email Address, Cell no,(and many other fields).
  6. Verify that a pop up comes up for validation comes up for all the fields since all are mandatory.
  7. Email add should be in proper format. There could be other fields that need to be in specific format.
  8. Verify that the text of the button is 'Save'. Click Save button.

After a few days, the client may decide to change a few things on Add User form.

• Now he would say that the mandatory fields would only be Email Address & First Name.
  • Earlier the validation comes up in a pop up, now a message beside the field should come up.
  • More fields come up in the form like - twitterid, cell no, address.
  • Change the text of the button from 'Save' to 'Add User'.

All this changes would require the test case to be updated. So instead I would write a high level test case for the same scenario in the foll way.

1. Go to the site - whatever.com.
  2. Login with the admin user.
  3. From the Accounts tab, open the Add User form.
  4. Enter all the mandatory fields.
  5. Verify that the validations are in place.
  6. Save the form.

Again if there are some changes you may not have to update the test cases.

Though there may be a lot of changes to this test case, this is how I write test cases at my place.

thanks

Nice explanation Tahir.... Yes... A high level test case is nothing but a test case without the concrete data....  during Analysis and Design phase of Testing process we design high level test cases and Priority is also set to those test cases .. and coming down to Implementation and Execution, in this phase a high level test case is converted in low level test cases............   but since the requirement is changing frequently .hence  we will simply design High level test cases and test data will be put in, without documenting ..... 

Thanks,

Samrat.

Thank you all
If requirements are constantly changing, then why are you even testing anything? All the testing you did yesterday and today will be obsolete if these requirements are constantly evolving, isnt it?

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2022   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service