Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Hi Testers,

In our Company we do not follow any test plan as we have to handle multiple projects at a time so we are not getting that much time.But now we are planning to prepare test plan for every project. So will you guys please tell me how to write test plan? Do you guys follow any format in preparing the test plan? If possible please share me the test plan format with example.

ITS URGENT.

Thanks & Regards,

Snehasish

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

For create the "Test Plan" doc. some steps are mention below, We follow the given procedure and it is set as per my Experience and Knowledge.

1. Prepare Test Plan doc in Excel or in word doc but in table format.

(Note : Each Step consider as a separate column)

2. First column of table for Sr.No

3. Then Feature/Module of the Application.

4. Requirement for that Feature/Module.

5. Assign test Cases creation Task to with estimated time for completion the task.

6. Assign test cases data creation task to with estimated time for completion the task.

7. Test location ( Browsers/OS/devices)

8.Availability of Browsers/OS/devices (mention the available source name for Browser/OS/Devices)

9.Estimated time to test the feature/module.

10. Track the task status as per estimated time.

Thanks Mrunal for your detailed description.

Will u please send me "Test Plan" doc at snehasish.career@gmail.com

Hi Snehasish,

You can follow the format given by Mrunal Deo and you can even add Test Strategy(Testing to be performed) by the respective persons,Risk identified,Risk Mitigation,Deadline if given

Ambat Please send me some sample Test plan.
Google it buddy you will get lots of templates ....
People use "test plan" to mean different things. At the low end, it's a set of test cases, i.e. instructions describing initial conditions, actions to perform, and expected results. At the high end, it's a document describing how a team of testers will help a project reach an acceptable level of quality within a given time frame and set of resources. The high-end thing is a lot to talk about, and if you are in a hurry, you probably don't have time to do that anyway, so I'll assume you just want to talk about the low-end thing.

If you are just getting started, I recommend a light-weight process. Try this. Divide the project into components and write assertions about them. An assertion is just a statement that must be true if the product is working correctly. For example, if you're testing a shopping website, you might have assertions like this:
* If the shopping cart has multiple items, the total price is the sum of the item prices.
* You can navigate from the checkout page back to items pages.
* You can add an item to the shopping cart.
* You can remove an item from the shopping cart.
* You can save your shopping cart and come back to it up to 30 minutes later.

The idea is to focus the assertions on high-level actions. Leave it up to the tester to translate the assertion to specific keystrokes and mouse clicks. (If the tester isn't familiar enough with the product to do that, this type of test plan won't work.) This approach has several advantages:
* You have more time to write the test plan because you aren't getting bogged down in step-by-step instructions that your tester doesn't need anyway.
* It's easier for someone else to review the test plan because it is clearer what product behavior the assertion is testing.
* When the product changes, which it probably will, you won't need to spend as much time rewriting your test plan.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2022   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service