Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

How to eliminate bugs in a software or product ?

Do IT FIRST TIME RIGHT

For Both Web Application Testing and Mobile Application Testing

May I know the best process to eliminate bugs in the product or Software?

Please elaborate the steps how to maintain quality in the product or software?

How to find bugs in the first time of testing.  So, we need to find bugs first time of testing we should follow the best process. What is that?

Hope I get best answer from your side.

I highly appreciate for your valuable answer.

Thanks,

Yours kalyan.

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Kalyan

For mobile testing which I am currently doing, I found bugs most of the time while changing the orientation of the mobile (portrait or landscape). Here you can find most of the defects. As I am new to Mobile I can't answer more on this.

Coming to Website testing, try to test main functionalities initially, whether the links ending up with right answer or not. While returning to back is it showing the right link on top (in address bar) or not, try to find any defect like from internal page try to access all available links, are they really turning up right page or not.

Hope you got my points clearly. Let me know if you need any suggestions on these things only. If you go beyond this boundary then I am helpless.

Regards

Rajkumar

Thanks for your valuable answer.

Nice reply

thanks

kalyan

The point blank reality is that bugs cannot be eliminated. They can be reduced depending on various testing types you undertake. 

The biggest constraints in managing the number of bugs is your timeline and the allocated budget for the project. In most real-world situations, we are not that lucky to get a longer timeline and a flexible budget conditions presented to us. This is where your creativity as a QA tester comes into picture. 

Step 1: First figure out from your PM or development leads whether you will be getting all code delivered on Day 1 of testing or if it will be in iterative code drops

Step 2: If it is agile, then organize your test cycles based on the code drops you are getting from the developers. If it is waterfall, then organize your testing cycles in the following ways:
     Cycle 1: 100% of test cases run at least once (some could fail, some could be blocked or even not be taken to full completion)
     Cycle 2: Defect retests + test cases that failed + Blocked + Not Complete
     Cycle 3: Defect retests coming out of Cycle 2 + Regression testing of the existing functionality

If you dont have enough time, then work with the BA to first do a risk prioritization assessment of your test cases and execute the ones that are customer impacting first slowly making your way down to low priority test cases. This would give your stakeholders satisfaction on the code quality and ensure that when the code eventually gets deployed into production, it wont result in critical defects right off the bat.

Thanks BEHBOOD nice information 

That's really a broad question. The short answer I could give is "TEST, TEST and TEST". If manually you can't produce accuracy try any test automation tools which might help to find bugs easier than manual one. But you need to be aware on which tool suits your requirement and other details. You can see here the list of various tools and their feature here that might help you in selecting the right tool- http://blog.edesigngroupus.com/applications/ideal-tools-software-te...

thanks whiz.. :)

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2020   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service