Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Difference between "Acknowledge" and "Confirmed" bug states in Mantis bug tracking tool?

Hi Friends,

I need some inputs regarding the "Acknowledge" and "Confirmed" bug states in Mantis bug tracking tool.When we change a bug state to these states.I will thankful if some explain me in detail with an example.

Best Regards,
Sireesha/-

Views: 2656

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sireesha,

plz find the Mantis bug status descriptions,

Bug Status :

new - new bugs
feedback - bug requires more information, the original posters should pay attention
acknowledged - bug has been looked at but not confirmed or assigned
confirmed - confirmed and reproducible (typically set by an Updater or other Developer)
assigned - assigned to a Developer
resolved - bug should be fixed, waiting on confirmation of fix
closed - bug is closed

let me knw, if you need more clarification

Regards,
Neelu.
I agree with Neelu..

Acknowledged: State when Bug is being worked upon however, it has not been 'Assigned' or 'Confirmed' yet
Confirmed: State when developer has replicated the Bug and gives his consent on it by changing the status to 'Confirmed'

Example : Developer has noticed the newly logged bug and is in process of replicating it as per the mentioned Reproducible Steps.
During this stage the status is 'Acknowledged' and once he is able to simulate the bug at his end, he or PIC (persion in charge) changes the status to 'Confirmed' and is now ready to be assigned to any developer for further action.
Acknowledged bug states- This status is used by the development team to reflect their agreement to the suggested feature request. Or to agree with what the reporter is suggesting in an issue report.
Confirmed bug states - This status is typically used by the development team to mention that they agree with what the reporter is suggesting in the issue and that they have confirmed and reproduced the issue.
i think the description given by others is more than enough in this regard.
Thanks all for your replies...
-- i agree with Psuhpender .. for same i want to add .. please check it

• Acknowledged - This status is used by the development team to reflect their agreement to the suggested feature request. Or to agree with what the reporter is suggesting in an issue report, although they didn’t yet attempt to reproduce what the reporter is referring to. The next status is typically "assigned" or "confirmed".

• Confirmed - This status is typically used by the development team to mention that they agree with what the reporter is suggesting in the issue and that they have confirmed and reproduced the issue. The next status is typically "assigned".

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2022   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service