Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

can u please tell me anybody what is smoke and sanity testing with example

can u please tell me anybody what is smoke and sanity testing with example

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dear mainsha..,

Please search in the forum before posting any queries or discussion.. its already discussed several times.. you'l get your answer their itself..

HI VEENA SADASHIV

i am srivathsav kumar pls dont post like this . please  try to help or solve their problems or doubts with clearly . If u post like this new user will face problems . please be +ve think +ve

i think  u know about build acceptance testing (BAT) or build verification testing (BVT) . this testing can be done by a test engineer by following four cconditions

1)whether the build can be properly installed or not in to that (particular) environment

2) whether one can navigate into the every page of all the applications

3)whether all the objects are there on that application or not

4)whether the required connections are properly established or not .

some companies even called this type of testing is known as SMOKE TESTING .some companies says that just before releasing the build the developers will conduct over all testing in order to confirm whether the build is proper or not this is known as smoke testing and after releasing a build the test engineers will check whether the build is proper or not is known as BAT / BVT / SANITY TESTING .

I THINK U HAVE CLEAR

Yes Veena is correct , the topic has been discussed several times. Click either of these  below links :-

http://www.qualitytesting.info/forum/topics/sanity-smoke-testing?co...

http://www.qualitytesting.info/forum/topics/what-is-smoke-sanity-an...

Regards:

Samrat Jha

Smoke testing:

This testing is straight and depth that is,here we focus on specific functions and try to see that it doesn't break, and apart from the positive test cases all the negative test cases are applied to test the stability of the functions.

Sanity testing:

Whether received build is stable to test or not.

By

www.alligatortek.com

i think  u know about build acceptance testing (BAT) or build verification testing (BVT) . this testing can be done by a test engineer by following four cconditions

1)whether the build can be properly installed or not in to that (particular) environment

2) whether one can navigate into the every page of all the applications

3)whether all the objects are there on that application or not

4)whether the required connections are properly established or not .

some companies even called this type of testing is known as SMOKE TESTING .some companies says that just before releasing the build the developers will conduct over all testing in order to confirm whether the build is proper or not this is known as smoke testing and after releasing a build the test engineers will check whether the build is proper or not is known as BAT / BVT / SANITY TESTING .

I THINK U HAVE CLEAR

Smoke: When we receive build from development team initially we do smoke testing in order to verify that the build is stable to perform detail testing or not. In some companies it is done by development team and in others by test team. It’s your choice how to answer for interviewer.

In Smoke testing we normally check all major functionalities are working or not without any test scenarios and test cases.

Sanity testing: After receiving stable build we do sanity testing. Identify all possible scenarios, prepare test cases and perform different kinds of testing. Sanity testing is done by Testers.

Note: Most of the people will say that smoke and sanity are same but I will follow the above. Its ur choice now.

Thank you

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2022   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service