Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Hi,

Can any one explain about rigorous testing?

Is Rigorous Testing is Regression Testing or Error Guessing?

Views: 15465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rigorous testing: Testing the application by providing all the test data is called rigorous testing

Regression testin: Testing the side of effects the code or new enhancement in the existed application is called regression testing

Error guessing : Formal test case design, which used after BVA and ECP

Regards

Sandeep

When testing is done in a very formal manner with very strict  entry and exit criteria its called Rigorous testing.. 

Hi Madhuri,

Rigorous testing is a kind of complete testing where we follow strict entry and exit criteria ; and also we deal with all possible combinations of test cases and test data so that every possible flaws can be found out from the system and we can remove them before the system goes live. It can be also termed as exhaustive testing.

Regression testing is completely different from rigorous testing as it aims at testing the side effects as a result of some changes or updates in the system.

Error guessing is a experience based techniques which is also not same as rigorous testing.

Thanks and regards                                                                                                                               Sitam 

Nice explanation Sitam Jana.

Regards

Ajay

Sitam ,

What I could interpret from your answer Is " Rigorous testing is nothing but the Exhaustive testing"..??

As you have written above , "and also we deal with all possible combinations of test cases and test data so that every possible flaws can be found out from the system and we can remove them before the system goes live" ..           What do you mean by finding every possible defect ..???  

might be to check each test case with all possible TestData to find the max.defects.. finally if any issue is found then that should be very minor :)

Hi Sitam - Do you think there's enough time and budget in the world to test every possible combination of test cases? I won't even talk about test data, because in most companies in the banking and finance sector, getting the required test data for their mandatory test phases is a challenge. So, I would like to get some more specifics on the intent behind your statements....

Hi Friends,

Can any one help me on "ReXml"

What is ReXml and usage of ReXml gem.

If you have any Documents or any kind of "Sites" regarding this, please share this.

My address "ansar496@gmail.com"

Thank you,

Samrat,

Rigorous testing is somewhere in between normal testing and exhaustive testing. Here we do more strict and formal testing than normal testing.

As exhaustive testing is impossible, finding every possible defect is also impossible because at any point of time we can not say that a system is bug free.

Thanks
Sitam

I raised question because whenever you write something , the same is going to be read by several ones . so write with care ... if possible .. Review your own answer ...

Regards:

Samrat Jha 

Technical Executive 

QT Team .

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2021   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service