Quality is delighting customers
Type of testing which determines the usability of a product to the people having disabilities (deaf, blind, mentally disabled etc). The evaluation process is conducted by persons having disabilities.
Hope it helps.
Regards, Ronak Shah (http://www.techgig.com/QAExpert), Practice Head - Software Testing (QA), CIGNEX Datamatics
---- Email: current organization: firstname.lastname@example.org
---- Email: Personal: email@example.com
Accessibility Testing is a kind of testing that helps to make sure that the website/software product is easily accessible by the
people having certain set of disabilities like Blindness, physical impairment, color blindness, old age, deafness etc.
Now, Accessibility of the software product is measured based on the web accessibility standards which are defined by the W3C also known as Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is the main international standards organization that has created certain set of accessibility guidelines (WCAG)2.0/2.1 for making web content accessible to people with disabilities. Below are some of the requirements due to which accessibility testing is enforced to be implemented/ recommended for a product:
1. Government’s rules and regulations
2. Customer policies
3. Marketing utility.
4. Internal accessibility policies at your organization etc
Accessibility Testing can be categorized in 4 ways, and they are several 'software testing company' that follow same testing strategies for providing 'accessibility testing services' to make sure their client(s) product is fully accessible.
- Automated tools Testing(say. Axe for chrome):It is used for auditing and finding accessibility related defects on the web application.
- Manual (Keyboard) Testing: keyboard navigation using tab/tab+shift keys
- Color Contrast Testing: It analyze a web page or portion of a web page for conformance with WCAG 2.0/2.1 Color Contrast requirements.
- Screen Reader Testing (NVDA): It is used to read out the text that displayed on the screen.
I hope my answer will help you.