Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Could anyone please say that "Why we need to write test severity/complexity in the Test Case Documentation". Please do reply to this doubt. - Ramya

Views: 632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

severity : giving high importence to functionality of the application.

Severity levels can be urgent severity, high , medium ,low

Priority: giving high importance to clients bussiness requirement.

priority levels can be fatal, high, medium,low

high severity & high priority :

all the bugs related to business transactions,major functionality can be assigned high severity & high priority.

Ex: in my application there is a registration form consists of 3 pages ,after successful completion of all the three pages  only  registration will be done successfully .

But while executing ,after completion of first  page will go for clicking  next which navigates you to the 2nd page , but we got Exceptional errors (" Instead of 2nd page we got some  error code ")

In this case we assigned the bug high severity & high priority.

low priority and low severity:

All  the bugs related to cosmetic functionality can be assigned  low prio0rity and low severity

Ex: look n feel, ease of use, font size, color ,Order of functionalities etc............

low priority & high severity :

in my current application we have a requirement " in my application we have a list box in which we will be having 2 categories " Employee, customer "

when we select Our required option the application should navigate to the selected option page .

But During Execution we found that After selecting the client option , the application is not navigating to the expected page .

In the above case , the client option has to be tested in the next release .

In this situation we have given status loe priority and high severity

low  severity & high priority :

in my application  we have a purchase request form .

In this form after filling all the fields with valid data we will go for purchasing by clicking buy now button. then it should display acknowledge message " Transaction successful  "

during execution , we found that  application does not display any acknowledge message . but actual business operation has been done successfully.

In this case we have given status as  low severity and high priority

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2022   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service