Quality is delighting customers
Designing and developing websites and applications can be a lot of fun, along with that there is also responsibility to ensure that everyone is receiving the same experience across different devices, browsers, operating systems, resolutions, etc. When you think about it, there is a lot that can go wrong, and most likely your project will never be perfect 100% of the time. But if you don’t, you could lose potential customers. Say for example your website doesn’t render properly in IE9. That customer might simply leave and visit your competitor who did spend time on browser compatibility testing.
Browser compatibility testing is one reason, due to which many developers go with companies providing qa services as they have wide range of resources available for this requirement.
Under browser compatibility testing, compatibility of your website with different browsers like Firefox , Google Chrome , Internet Explorer, Safari etc is checked.
When to perform Browser Compatibility Testing:
- When any webpage has a lot of animation, ActiveX , Java Applet and Dynamic content, then Cross browser testing should be started as soon as it is possible.
- If algorithm is running on Client side then Cross Browser testing should be started.
Common Issues found during Cross Browser testing:
- Inconsistency in Page Layout
- Page Validation not work on certain Browser
- Transaction is not being posted to data-base on clicking submit button or link
- SSL certificate error that has been noticed mainly with lower version of browsers
- Inconsistency in Tab Flow
- Some time pagination error also occurs.
Cross Browser Testing is the type of Compatibility Testing, In which Cross Browser Compatibility Testing Companies Test the application in multiple browsers and make sure it works perfectly and consistently.
Priti, Work at Compatibility testing company