Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

How to do Scenario based testing? can any one explain with example

Views: 370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kiran,

I am not interested to give very large explanation. So I am providing you actual definitions in short, If you still have any doubt then please let me know, I will explain you in my own language.

Test Scenario is a set of test cases that ensure that the business process flows are tested from end to end. They may be independent tests or a series of tests that follow each other, each dependent on the output of the previous one. The terms "test scenario" and "test case" are often used synonymously.

The scenario language is used to define the scenarios. Each scenario consists of a scenario name, the first word in a scenario, that may be followed by scenario elements. These elements may be simple elements or directives. Comments may also be included to describe the test scenarios and their purpose.

Please feel free to ask me any doubts regarding Software Testing & ISTQB Certification anytime.

Thanks,

Kapil Samadhiya
Thanks Kapil, some how i have cleared my doubt.
Thanks Kapil,Nice Explanation yaar,keep it up............keep posting your valuable replys............
Hi Kapil,
Thanks
Good explanation yaar and keep it up

What is difference between Block Box testing And Functional testing ? I hope u can Explain Clearly.........

Hi Kapil!
Brief but nice and convincing explanation.
Thanks
________ JAY _______
Hi,

Adding up to a good answer from Kapil.

Test Scenario is a set of test cases that ensure that the business process flows are tested from end to end.
Every Scenario may not be end-end.

Scenarios are derived from Functional Scenarios. Once functional decomposition is done, based on Functional scenarios Test scenarios are derived, hence may not be end-end.

Most of the time Scenarios are series of tests that follow. Will follow the ETVXM architecture.

Scenario naming is again derived from Functional Scenarios, organization wide, project wise naming and template is followed.

In layman terminology you can say a Scenario is a work flow which covers the individual functionality.

Thanks,

Siddiq
Attachments:
Test scenarios are based on a hypothetical story to help a person to think through a complex program or a system. Test Scenario is a workflow with no of test cases.

Some real time situations or work flow or real existence of work that how we going to do that thing.

Example: - we decided to go some where by bus. So as we planed that we will take the bus from that stop & reach that palace.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2021   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service