Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

I want to know about Configuration Management, any configuration management tools are there.

Please explain in detailed.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Pooja,

Configuration Management is a discipline applying technical and administrative direction and surveillance to: identify and document the functional and physical characteristics of a configuration item, control changes to those characteristics, record and report change processing and implementation status, and verify compliance with specified requirements.

This is the IEEE 610 standard definition.

Configuration Management Tool is a tool that provides support for the identification and control of configuration items, their status over changes and versions, and the release of baselines consisting of configuration items.

Please feel free to ask me any doubts regarding Software Testing & ISTQB Certification.

Thanks,

Kapil Samadhiya

Configuration management i used to maintain and track  all the documents and files.Its a version control tool.Most of the companies use VSS as a configuration mangement tool.Vss nothing but Visual source safe(VSS).

U may get doubt how this is useful for a tester..?

After completion of requiremnt gathering, Tl(Team lead) will save this document in to VSS for future verification.the file vil be in readable mode.If u check out in to the vss then u can view the file and modify the same doc and   rename the same document into  some other version.Here the tester can save their Test plan ,Test scenario, testcase into the vss for review.Reporting can be done through this VSS.....

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2021   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service