Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Defination and some explanation

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LCSAJ menas A Linear Code Sequence And Jump, consisting of the following three items (conventionally identified by line numbers in a source code listing): the start of the linear sequence of executable statements, the end of the linear sequence, and the target line to which control flow is transferred at the end of the linear sequence.

LCSAJ testing is a test case design technique for a component in which test cases are designed to execute LCSAJs.

An LCSAJ is defined as unbroken linear sequence of statements: (a) which begins at either the start of the program or a point to which the control flow may jump, (b) which ends at either the end of the program or a point from which the control flow may jump, (c) and the point to which a jump is made following the sequence.

LCSAJ coverage = I/L where: I = Number of LCSAJs exercised at least once. L = Total number of LCSAJs.

LCSAJs depends on the topology of a module's design and not just its semantics, they do not map onto code structures such as branches and loops. LCSAJs are not easily identifiable from design documentation. They can only be identified once code has already been written. LCSAJs are consequently not easily comprehensible.
A Linear Code Sequence And Jump, consisting of the following three items the start of the linear sequence of executable statements, the end of the linear sequence, and the target line to which control flow is transferred at the end of the linear sequence.
for eg: for i = 1 t0 10 step 1
j="inek" (start of the linear sequence statements execution)
k="mercury"
windowsapplication("flight32").windialog("login").winedit("username").set j
windows application("flight32").windialog("login").winedit("pwd").set k
windowsapplication("flight32").activate()
Next
if i=10 (then the end of the linear sequence statement condition met)
windowsapplication.close() (jumps to this next statement after the condition met)

explanation: In the above example the statements are executed linearly in sequential order until the loop condition met and jumps to the statement after it.i;e windowsapplication.close().
Hi Raquel and Sameera!
Both of you have replied indifferent angles. THE COMBINATION OF BOTH YIELDS A BETTER
UNDERSTANDING of LCSAJ.

Thanks.
_______ jay ________
Hi Gowtham,

Please get some information on LCSAJ below :

LCSAJ Testing
LCSAJ testing requires a model of source code which identifies control flow jumps
An LCSAJ (Linear Code Sequence and Jump) is identified by a triple, conventionally identified by line numbers in a source code listing, the start of linear code sequence, the end of linear code sequence and the target line to which control flow is transferred.

LCSAJ Coverage =
Number of executed LCSAJs
Total no of LCSAJs

Please feel free to ask me any doubts regarding Software Testing & ISTQB Certification.

GOOD LUCK !

Kapil Samadhiya
Hi Kapil

Thanks for replying and for the explanation u gave

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2021   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service