Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Can anybody tell me the difference between web application testing and web site testing?

Can anybody tell me the difference between web application testing and web site testing?

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hello Rashmi, i think a web application and a website ,both are same thing ofcrs.Both have 3 tier architecture, but a web application can run on a local server or LAN also, but when a web application is running on internet that is a website. so when u test web application that is running on LAN it is called web application testing, here we will test for performance, user interface, functionality, and also compatibility, and the same testing we will perform for websites ie also a web application running on internet. but be careful when u do performance testing.   

Hi Anoop , thanks for reply.. :)

Hi Rashmi,

Here is some my views:-

#1.Website has mostly static pages with low interactivity while web application is made up of lots of dynamic pages with highly interactivity.

#2.Website is used to refer to a location that host several pages that are often on the same topic. The website is accessed with the use of URL(Uniform Resource Locator). On the other end, a web application term used identifying a program or application that run and used on separate computers.

Here is the example:-

-igNew.com is a website not a web application because it’s primary purpose is to inform/market to people on the web our software development and consulting services.

-GMail on the otherhand is a web application because it’s primary purpose is to allow you to send and receive email. You could argue that GMail is marketing to users through their ads and links to other products, however, GMail itself is an application.

For more detail here you go:-http://ignew.com/2011/07/11/whats-the-difference-between-web-applic...

still if you have any queries please let me know I have more info related to this stuff!

Thanks,

Vikrant Rana.

-Website is nothing only there is static page ,no user interaction they only provide  information

-While web application have the user interaction, like you can create your account ,store your identity in database like that...

make me correct if i am wrong!

You are right Vikrant...

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2021   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service