Quality is delighting customers
Agile experts, Bob Galen and Shaun Bradshaw, discuss the essential patterns of mature agile teams.
● The importance of multi-level Done-ness criteria in driving team deliverable value
● Practical execution tips for the team to most efficiently work through their iteration tasks
● The central practices that help you to deliver on the high quality promise of the Agile Methods
● Learn the mature collaborative style that agile teams need to produce great results and how to achieve it
● The key aspects of a strong agile customer and how that affects the overall team capacity to deliver value
Many teams have a relatively easy time adopting the tactical aspects of the agile methodologies. Usually a few classes, some tools’ introduction, and a bit of practice lead teams toward a fairly efficient and effective adoption. However, often these teams get “stuck” and begin to regress or simply start going through the motions—neither maximizing their agile performance nor delivering as much value as they could.
Borrowing from their experience and lean software development methods, join Bob Galen and Shaun Bradshaw in this interactive and collaborative workshop as they examine essential patterns—the ”thinking models” of mature agile teams—exploring how mature agile operate so that you can model them within your own teams.
Along the way, you’ll examine patterns for large-scale emergent architecture, relentless refactoring, quality on all fronts, pervasive product owners, lean work queues, stretching above and beyond, providing total transparency, saying “No,” and many more. Bob and Shaun will also explore the leadership dilemma of self-directed teams and why there is still the need for active and vocal leadership in defending, motivating, and holding agile teams accountable.
DATE: Thu, December 8, 2016
TIME: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
Register: Click Here