You need to install MonkeyTalk Android Agent into the application which you want to automate. For this, please follow below steps:
- Open your Android Project in Eclipse.
- Right click on the project name and select Configure>>Convert to AspectJ Project.
- Create “libs” folder in your Android Project and put MonkeyTalk-agent.jar in “libs” folder. MonkeyTalk-agent.jar can be found in the "agents" folder in the MonkeyTalk package.
- Right click on MonkeyTalk-agent.jar > AspectJ Tools > Add to Aspectpath.
- Open AndroidManifest.xml and include the following two permissions:
o uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"
o uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_TASKS"
- Now RUN your application right click on the Project and Select Run As>>Android application.
- You would see Android Emulator will appear and your application gets deployed on the emulator.
- Launch MonkeyTalkIDE, which lies under “\win32.win32.x86\win32.win32.x86\MonkeyTalkIDE” folder.
- Goto New>>MonkeyTalkProject, New Project window should appear. Provide project name and click in “Finish” button.
- Right-click on the project folder and select New > Test. Provide File name and click on “Finish” button.
- Launch Android emulator and open your MonkeyTalk enabled application on the emulator.
- Click on the connection dropdown button on the tool bar and select “Android Emulator/Tethered Device”.
- If connection was successful, a message should appear in the console.
- Click “Record” on the MonkeyTalk IDE.