Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Can any one please tell "Which Testing is most important in SDLC process"  and why?

Can any one please tell "Which Testing is most important in SDLC process"  and why?

Views: 579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are different types of testing and majorly categorised into functional and non-functional testing.Depending upon the requirement of the user/client we apply those testing strategies.. 

Following are different testing strategies:

Functional:

1.Unit Testing

2.Integration Testing

3.System Testing

4.Positive Testing

5.Negative Testing

6.Smoke Testing

7.Sanity Testing

8.Regression Testing

9.Database Testing

10.Interface Testing

Non-Functional Testing:

1.Browser compatibility

2.Configuration Testing

3.Performance

4.Migration

5.Security

6.Rise based Testing

All testing in SDLC are equally important.i.e every levels of testing plays a vital role at various stages of SDLC(unit testing, integration testing, system testing and acceptance testing)

Hi Nisha In SDLC the most important phase in testing is Static Testing as this ensures the requirements are validated against the correct metrices.

Every testing type has their own importance. It depends on the test plan, what to do and when to do. For better understanding, just go through the below link. 

Click here to find Types of Testing

There is no "good" answer to this question as it depends on the nature of the application under test. For instance if the product is API - there is no need in cross-browser testing or GUI testing or whatever, however it would be good to check performance, data integrity, and do some negative testing as well. 

And vice versa, if the product is a picture gallery, you need mostly focus on UI and UX aspects, check how does it behave on different browsers, different resolutions, different devices, etc. 

If I had to choose few "most important" types they would be:

1. Smoke testing - as the fastest way of consistency and baseline sanity check to ensure that major application functionality works as expected
  2. Sanity testing - an extended set of test scenarios which should cover all application areas
  3. Performance Testing (including Load, Soak and Stress)  - to  ensure that application can handle anticipated load, there are no memory leaks, it recovers after spikes, etc.

As per my  knowledge its depend on the application that means functionality of an application if its life critical or huge data transaction and important app. than you should not compromise with testing we should perform all testing which is required.

Any application of in this world we have to do Functional,integration and System Testing these are necessary testing.   I am not  mentioning UAT because all the UAT  scenario are covered in System Testing.

All the different kinds of Testing has their own importance at different stage. So depending of the application and its stage ,different testing are required.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2017   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service