Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

What is ETL testing. Please some body give the full explanation or provide a good material on it.

Views: 82206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi ,,

ETL :

ETL stands for Extract Transformation and Load, It collect the different source data from Heterogeneous System (DB), Transform the data into Data warehouse (Target)

At the Time of Transformation, Data are first transform to Staging Table (temporary table)

Based on Business rules the data are mapped into target table, this process are manually mapped / we configure using ETL Tool

ETL not transformed the Duplicate data

Data Transformation process speed based on Source and Target Data ware House

We need to consider the OLAP(Online Analytic Processing) Structure .Data warehouse Model

Source data consist of (XML,Flat file ,Database.Excel Report.Dataware House

We need to set the validation at time of data transformation like ‘Avoid the ‘NULL’ values in the table, validate the data type as using Tiny int instead of integer .etc

Based on the user requirement, ETL process starts

ETL :

ETL stands for Extract Transformation and Load, It collect the different source data from Heterogeneous System (DB), Transform the data into Data warehouse (Target)

At the Time of Transformation, Data are first transform to Staging Table (temporary table)

Based on Business rules the data are mapped into target table, this process are manually mapped / we configure using ETL Tool

ETL not transformed the Duplicate data

Data Transformation process speed based on Source and Target Data ware House

We need to consider the OLAP(Online Analytic Processing) Structure .Data warehouse Model

Source data consist of (XML,Flat file ,Database.Excel Report.Dataware House

We need to set the validation at time of data transformation like ‘Avoid the ‘NULL’ values in the table, validate the data type as using Tiny int instead of integer .etc

Based on the user requirement, ETL process starts

Let me know any queries

Thanks Kannan Chandrasekaran for sharing knowledge

Hi,

ETL  ( Extract Transformation and Load)testing is different from Database testing or backend testing both in terms of complexity and scope and hence requires a different approach as against conventional testing. The methodology
primarily aims at identifying and mitigating existing data defects and general errors occurring prior to processing of data for analytics and reporting.

The ETL Testing Methodology includes following steps:

1. Understanding of data to be reported
  2. Understanding and review of data model
  3. Understanding and review of source  to target mappings (transformations)
  4. Data Quality Assessment of Source data
  5. Packages testing
  6. Schema testing (source and target)
  7. Verify Data completeness
  8. Verification of transformation rules
  9. Comparison of sample data between source and target
  10. Checking of referential integrities and relations (primary key foreign key)
  11. Data Quality checks on target warehouse
  12. Performance tests

Let me know if you require more details.

Regards,

Shaili

sbathwal@infocepts.com

Thanks for reply

Hello Tarique,

I have written a book on the subject ("Testing the Data Warehouse", www.testingdatawarehouse.com ). Also, while conducting research for the book, I collected may fine papers on the subject. Send me your email address and I will send several fine papers on the subject.

Regards,

Wayne Yaddow (wyaddow@gmail.com)

Thanks Wayne,

tariqueahmed89@gmail.com

It would be very help.....Thanks in advance

Hi Tarique,

I am also interested to know more about ETL testing, can you share the material with me as well.

its .. nicki.sre@gmail.com

Hi Wayne,

plz send me ETL Testing material  

rajeshlagishetty@gmail.com

Hi Wayne,

It will be great if you please send me material at snehasish.career@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Snehasish Saha

hi, plz send it to me also @gskguptha@gmail.com

Hi Wayne, plz send me ETL Testing material   sruthi425ece@gmail.com

hi wayne

can you send me the ETL testing Material to my mail id jkrishnaprakash47@gmail.com

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2018   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service