Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

What if the application has functionality that wasn't in the requirements?

Hi,

Any one reply to my question, What if the application has functionality that wasn't in the requirements?

Thanks

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you need to report it to the team lead/ management, so that you can make the confirmation about the validity of the requirements and then can go on with its testing. Requirements needs to match the answer for query "what customer wants?"
otherwise it could increase your testing efforts/ project delivery may get delayed/...so on and so forth....

Shirish
Hi Kusuma,

I have the same situation lot of times, despite of following strict process. I feel this is reasonable in this competitive world.

Just get along with the functionality from BA(best case) or Dev(worst case). If the code is delivered then if tested is good. This is interesting to test from Business and User facet, will earn QA glory!

Thanks,
Siddiq
that has to be confirmed from the project manager or module lead regarding the requirements.
Hi kusuma,

Sometimes it happens that while testing we are getting additional functionality aprart from the functionality which are mentioned in SRS.

But the main thing is that the additional functionality should not affect the other required functionality of the software.
If its not causing any problem then its just like "Buy one Get one Free"...))

Hope its clear. Revert back if any query.

Bye, TC

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2018   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service