Quality is delighting customers
You can find more details of database testing by clicking here
Database testing is a kind of software testing where you make sure that what you enter on web forms that information is being saved in to basked database as expected. Data constraints are maintained while doing migration or up-gradation of your web application. You meta data gets intact. CRUD operations are working as required.
In DB testing we need to check for,
1. The field size validation
2. Check constraints.
3. Indexes are done or not (for performance related issues)
4. Stored procedures
5. The field size defined in the application is matching with that in the db.
Every software testing company has its own streamlined testing process, in particular in database testing. First, they analyze the project, then provide an estimation and testing plan. Project execution phase contains many stages, like testing, creating bug reports and giving recommendations for the next phases. To learn about software QA process in details, you can look out websites of software companies and learn their experience.
As per functional testing services database testing is type of testing which involves verifying tables, writing SQL queries and procedures. Testing is to be performed on desktop or web application and database(SQL or Oracle) used in the application. Below are the stages of database testing:
1. Ensure that correct data get inserted in the database
2. Test the DB table constraints such as primary and foreign keys
3. Test the procedure performance
4. Test the transactions such as begin, commit, rollback, etc.
5. Test the execution of triggers by executing them