Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

Pls tell me what is web service and how, where any why we use this in testing.

Hi Folk,

Pls tell me what is web service and how, where any why we use this in testing.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Akbar

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Akbar

hey Plz check ur sentence formation so that we can give u accurate info.

tell m five critical testing that we want to do in payment module of internet banking application

@Minakshi

R u starting a new discussion or replying to the discussion started by Akbar? I think u have a query right !

yes i m asking a new query....

Hmmm

What ever madarapu Vineela replied is correct and also for more better understanding you can take example of IRCTC site.

Hi Akbar,

I recently wrote a series of articles on how to test web services. I think they might help answer your question in detail:

Check out: How to test web services - Intro and follow the links in this post to read the whole series. If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers,

Joe

www.joecolantonio.com

IRCTC provide services to join its official page and register for booking tickets so you can try irctc signup for register here and see the details of your account.

What is web service: 

API (Application Programming Interface) specifies how some software components should interact with other, in other words, it’s a set of functions and procedures that allow the creation of applications which access the features or data of an application or operating system.   Testing of these functions is known as API testing or web service testing

how we can test it:

The tools used for various API testing are

• SoapUI Pro
  • LoadUI Pro
  • Alertsite API monitoring

why we use this in testing:

when we want to communicate between two separate software systems.

HI

Web services or API are messaging system which allows to communicate b/w 02 systems of different types. Web service is not tied to any one operating system or programming language thus provide platform independence.

Webservices are mainly of 02 type:

1. SOAP
  2. Rest

We can do API testing using following tools:

-          SoapUI

-          SoapUI PRO

-          Postman

Additionally if you are familiar with any programming language then you can develop the API Automation framework and can automate all your API tests.

Thanks

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2017   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service