Quality is delighting customers
ValueLabs (Hyderabad) Manual Testing - Written test Questions and Answers
Time: 90 Minutes ( 25 Questions)
1) What is Composite Primary Key.
2) Difference between Table and View
Views are essentially logical table-like structures populated on the fly by a given query. The results of a view query are not stored anywhere on disk and the view is recreated every time the query is executed. Materialized views are actual structures stored within the database and written to disk. They are updated based on the parameters defined when they are created.
view uses a query to pull data from the underlying tables.
A materialized view is a table on disk that contains the result set of a query.
3) Difference between ECP and BVA
If I say in one line then ECP doesn’t include the boundary values in class partitions e.g. If we have three classes of 1-20, 21-40 and 41-60 then ECP we are not including the values 1,20,21,40,41 and 60 whereas in BVA we include them also.
4) Difference between Testing Scenario and Test Case
Test case is a condition which is executed for expected output with predefined set of steps with known inputs. Generally a test case have
2) Steps to execute
3) Input data
4) Expected output
5) Status (Pass/Fail)
Test Scenario is set of test cases. What it means, If you have to withdraw money from an ATM ma chine, then it is a scenario. But to withdraw money, you need to execute many test cases, needs to provide many inputs and you get many outputs and finally your money with receipt of transaction.
Test Scenario is 'What to be tested' and Test Case is 'How to be tested'.
5) Explain V -model
6) High Priority test cases for ATM application
1. Machine is accepting ATM card
2. Machine is rejecting expired card
3. successful entry of PIN number
4. unsuccessful operation due to enter wrong PIN number 3 times
5. successful selection of language
6. successful selection of account type
7. unsuccessful operation due to invalid account type
8. successful selection of amount to be withdraw
9. successful withdrawal.
10. Expected message due to amount is greater than day limit
11. unsuccessful withdraw operation due to lack of money in ATM
12. Expected message due to amount to withdraw is greater than possible balance.
13. unsuccessful withdraw operation due to click cancel after insert card
14. Check ATM machine is able to print receipts
15. Withdraw amount should be in the multiples of 100
7) Different DDL and DML commands
Data Definition Language (also known as DDL) is a computer language used to define data structures [ALTER COMMENT DROP CREATE]
The most popular form of DML is the Structured Query Language (or SQL). This is a language used for databases, and is designed specifically for managing data in relational database management systems (or RDBMS) [UPDATE DELETE LOCK INSERT SELECT]
9) Is functional Testing and System testing Same?
I would say ..No it’s not same.
-System testing is nothing but testing of the application as whole, where as Functional testing is nothing but testing of the application functionality.
-System testing is one of the phases of testing in SDLC .
For Eg in typical V model in develeopement phase unit testing is performed, followed by integration test and when the software is ready it is deployed to QA environment to perform "system testing ".
System testing is end to end application testing.
Functional testing is the Type of testing. It means testing the various functionalities of the application (individual or integrated) Other type being Non functional.
In system testing phase both Functional and non functional testing is performed.
10) Bug live cycle states
11) Tell me 3 different Software Configuration Management Tools
I’ve used VSS( Visual SourceSafe from Miscrosoft) & Tortoise
12) difference between Bug,error,defect
Bug : It is found in the development environment before the product is shipped to the respective customer.
Error : It is the Deviation from actual and the expected value.
Defect : It is found in the product itself after it is shipped to the respective customer.
13) What are the test deliverable in SDLC, when to deliver what doc?
Test cases Documents
Test Trace-ability Matrix
Test summary report
14) Tell me the concepts present in Test plan.
Refer this link : http://rakeshhansalia.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/test-plan-preparatio...
15) What are the main issues found in Browser Comparability testing.
Alignment issues, JS errors, Image display problems, Ajax issue
16) bug life cycle
New Bug found > QA log a bug (Open State) > DEV Fix a big (Fixed State) > QA test it (Closed if ok or Reopen it if fails)
17)which is test case optimization method
1)BVA 2) functional testing 3) incremental testing 4) big band
Ans: BVA ( Boundary value Analysis)
18) difference between the delete and truncate command
19) integration testing would done after system testing
a) true b) false
20) what is static method
There are two types of methods.