Quality is delighting customers
A process to determine that an information system protects data and maintains functionality as intended. It can be performed by testing teams or by specialized security-testing companies.
Hope it helps.
Regards, Ronak Shah (http://www.techgig.com/QAExpert), Practice Head - Software Testing (QA), CIGNEX Datamatics
---- Email: current organization: firstname.lastname@example.org
---- Email: Personal: email@example.com
Automated security testing services is an important part of the IT industry. The process involves testing the features and validating the functioning of the program effectively.
This is a very important branch of the IT field because any software built is first tested to secure its effectiveness and ability in accordance with its specifications and testing plans.
It also helps to identify any kind of errors and defects in the functioning of the software which in turn helps the designer to take the needed measurements and create software with perfect operation.
There are different kinds of testing done based on functions. Every type is this classification is based upon its purpose and significance in the testing process.
There is a functional testing that is performed to test any kind of functional bugs in the software and assure proper functioning.
The security testing services should be conducted more often through automated testing tools. The app developer should be well versed with third-party open source elements such as security problems and security implications on apps and app users.
Competency with third-party codes guarantees that the app developer takes the responsibility of security concerns related to it and prevents hacking by dealing with security bugs or app vulnerabilities.
Concern for Enterprise
Gartner reported that in 2016, more than 65 percent of mobile apps would fail primary security tests - in Android, iOS and Windows platforms as they lack in basic industry related security standards.
The implications are large for enterprises as the policies are at risk of being violated with sensitive business-related data and networks.
Security is set of measures to protect an application against unforeseen actions that cause it to stop functioning or being exploited. Security Testing ensures, that system and applications in an organization, are free from any loopholes that may cause a big loss.
Security testing of any system is about finding all possible loopholes and weaknesses of the system which might result into loss of information.
Security Testing is a Testing technique used by software testing company, that is used to make sure that system and applications are free from any loopholes that may cause a big loss. Security testing is about finding all possible loopholes and weaknesses of a system which might result into a loss of information at the hands of the employees or outsiders of the Organization.
Security testing can be categorized into following types:
1. Vulnerability Scanning: This is done through automated software to scan a system against known vulnerability signatures.
2. Security Scanning: It involves identifying network and system weaknesses, and later provides solutions for reducing these risks. This scanning can be performed for both Manual and Automated scanning.
3. Penetration testing: This kind of testing simulates an attack from a malicious hacker. This testing involves analysis of a particular system to check for potential vulnerabilities to an external hacking attempt.
4. Risk Assessment:This testing involves analysis of security risks observed in the organization. Risks are classified as Low, Medium and High. This testing recommends controls and measures to reduce the risk.
5. Security Auditing: This is an internal inspection of Applications and Operating systems for security flaws. Audit can also be done via line by line inspection of code
6. Ethical hacking: It's hacking an Organization Software systems. Unlike malicious hackers ,who steal for their own gains , the intent is to expose security flaws in the system.
7. Posture Assessment: This combines Security scanning, Ethical Hacking and Risk Assessments to show an overall security posture of an organization.