Quality is delighting customers
Type of the Tool: Management Tool
Company: Mercury Interactive Incorporation
Scripting: No Scripting Language
Quality Center is a management tool which is used for managing the whole testing process, providing the following facilities:
1) Common Repository facility
2) Bug Tracking tool facility
3) Automatic Traceability Matrix facility
4) Automatic reports and graphs generation facility
Architecture of Quality Center
- Site Administration
- Quality Centre -
· Business components
· Test plan
· Test lab
· Dash board
It is a first and foremost component of Quality Center which is used for the following
1. Connecting the new text
2. Deleting the users
3. Modifying the functions of the user
4. Creating the domains
5. Creating the projects
6. Assigning the users for the project
7. All other administration activities
It contains 6 modules:
1) Business Components: It is the special module provided by the Quality Center in order to perform business process testing in this type of testing usually, the subject experts (business Analyst) will develop the business components based on the business glow of the application and taking the help of automation test engineer to fill the script in them. So that one can build the testing in an even more effective manner with the help of automation test engineer is B.T.P
This module is used for building the requirements tree to do same this module has provided 2 options,
· New requirements
· New child requirements
This module also provides the facility as follows
ü One can attach any kind of attachments to the requirements
ü It will automatically show the author name
ü It will generate automatic id for each and every requirement
ü One can view the direct cover statements of the requirements like whether the tested for that requirement is covered or not, if covered whether it is executed or not, if execute whether it is pass or not.
One can view the review the status of the requirements that is whether it is review or not.
3) Test Plan:
This module is used for creating the test (automation, manual) for all the requirements to do the same one has to create a folder under that he need to create an empty test based on this test one has to launch the corresponding functional tool and generate the test script and click on the save button in the functional tool itself such that the script will be in the empty script file which is already created in the quality centre in the same way one has to create all the tests.
Once all the tests are created this module also provides a facility to establish a link between the test and the corresponding requirements with the help of requirement coverage table in order to establish the automatic traceability matrix facility.
Once all the tests are created then we can get to the next module by name Test lab.
4) Test Lab:
It is a module provided by quality Center which is used for the following;
1) Building the test script
2) Executing the test sets and test individually in the next paragraph to do the same one has to create the folders corresponding tests sets with the help of all the available tests based on the different end-to-end scenarios.
Once the tests sets are build one has to execute them to do the same this module has provided 2 options,
ü Run all
Run is used for running a single test in a test set and Run All is used for running all the tests sets in the test set.
Once the execution is completed one can analyse the result in the functional tool itself and if at all he wants to post a defect he can do it by the running the functional tool itself. Otherwise one can go to the next module by name defects.
This module acts like a bug tracking tool and provides all the facility to manage the defects like adding the defects and relevant roles who can change the status of the defect and etc with which complete bug tracking facility provided.
6) Dash Board:
It is a special component provided by the quality Center which is used for generating the reports across multiple projects at a time (usually this facility is used by the project manager).