Quality is delighting customers
What are the possible combinations for testing username and password?
password must be unique.
password must contain minimum of 6 characters.
password must not contain all lowercase or uppercase letters.
Here username is email address.
And what are the conditions for Testing change password field?
Conditions for checking User Name and Password
1) Condition for UserName and Password
1)UserName should allow aplhanumeric character(0-9 , a-z, A-Z) and Special Charcter (.,_ ,-,@) can be restricted.
2) UserName should not allow special character like space " ".
3) password must contain minimum of 4 to 6 characters based on user requirement.
4) Password should not allow special character like space " ".
it really depends on the security level of teh application. The one that I test has no such specification.
If I have to test then here are a few generally accepted conditions that I would check besides what Ravi has noted.
- Email address has to be a valid email id(check for the format)
- password should not ideally contain only special characters, its usually a alphanumeric.
- May be the password should not contain first or last name or the email id.
Test case for Email id:
1:Login field accept valid email id.
2:login field should not blank if blank a validation message should display that login field is required.
Email id should not start with special char or number
it accept proper format like firstname.lastname@example.org
in email field only one @ should accept
For Password field.
1: Password field should accept six char like :AbcdeF
2: Password field should not blank
3:As per requirement password should be unique if enter same password a message should display this password is already exist please try with another
4:password should not accept all lower or all Upper case.
like abcdef or ABCDEF
5:passowrd should be encrypted
6: Password should accept combination of like AbcdeF