Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

How to give .ipa file to run appium ?

Views: 702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI it is possible to run our application with .ipa file. We should generate ipa file by using an apple certificates based on that certificates that ipa file will work.
If ipa file is generated with enterprise certificate- It works for all devices
If ipa file is generated with Develepment profile-> It works only in inhouse
If ipa file is generated with Distribution profile-> It works only for added devices

If the ipa file is generated with develepment profile and cannot work outside, by using the ipa file we cannot install app using appium
If the ipa file is generated with distribution profile and iphone 7 device is added now we can install app using ipa file in iphone 7 device using appium. Here the main important one is what ever we are generating an ipa file by using certificates we should know that certificates are which type of certificates? and in which device we have to install the app using appium that device should be added into the certificates or that ipa generated certificate should be enterprise certificate other than this that ipa file cannot install using appium.

how can i configure .ipa file in eclipse to install the iOS build in real device?

please provide step by step process

Hi if u have .ipa file in ur system, give the below given device setup

DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();

capabilities.setCapability("appium-version", "1.0");

capabilities.setCapability("platformName", "iOS");

capabilities.setCapability("platformVersion",getdata("DeviceSetUp_IPhn5","version of ur iphne"));

capabilities.setCapability("deviceName", getdata("DeviceSetUp_IPhn5","name of ur device"));

//capabilities.setCapability("app", "/Users/techgenesolutions/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Care_Heroes-bmgntemclsepbudurzkejtdcoaem/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Care Heroes.app");

capabilities.setCapability("app", getdata("DeviceSetUp_IPhn5",".ipa file path "));

try {

// driver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL("http://127.0.0.1:4723/wd/hub"), capabilities);

driver2 = new IOSDriver<IOSElement>(new URL("http://127.0.0.1:4723/wd/hub"), capabilities);

} catch (MalformedURLException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

//driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(90, TimeUnit.SECONDS);

driver2.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(90, TimeUnit.SECONDS);

in my appium doctor i got below error how can i resolve it please help me.

info AppiumDoctor ### Diagnostic starting ###
info AppiumDoctor ✔ Xcode is installed at: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
info AppiumDoctor ✔ Xcode Command Line Tools are installed.
info AppiumDoctor ✔ DevToolsSecurity is enabled.
info AppiumDoctor ✔ The Authorization DB is set up properly.
[TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined]

can u share me the screens ? and if ur getting an error in appium inspector also share me error or screens.

In appium doctor the below list is installed means no issues, 

Running iOS Checks

Xcode is installed at /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

Xcode Command Line Tools are installed.

DevToolsSecurity is enabled.

The Authorization DB is set up properly.

Node binary found at /usr/local/bin/node

iOS Checks were successful.

can u tell me version of appium which ur using, if ur using an old version ignore it and use the latest version 1.4.13 (Draco).

Version 1.5.3 is presently using

Exception in thread "main" org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: A new session could not be created. (Original error: Please provide the 'app' or 'browserName' capability or start appium with the --app or --browser-name argument. Alternatively, you may provide the 'bundleId' and 'udid' capabilities for an app under test on a real device.) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds
Build info: version: '3.0.1', revision: '1969d75', time: '2016-10-18 09:48:19 -0700'

Exception in thread "main" org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: A new session could not be created. (Original error: Please provide the 'app' or 'browserName' capability or start appium with the --app or --browser-name argument. Alternatively, you may provide the 'bundleId' and 'udid' capabilities for an app under test on a real device.) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds
Build info: version: '3.0.1', revision: '1969d75', time: '2016-10-18 09:48:19 -0700'

Hi
please explain what is the use of Gherkin how it will works? and explain cucumber also

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2018   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service