Quality is delighting customers
I have done this.
1. Login to application (it means open a new session)
2. Create simple VB Script for waiting 10 minutes
3. Perform any operation and find session is timed out or not
Increase Time in step 2 and run program again. Surely you will get session expiry.
My application session time out every 20 minutes.
generally when u login , u will find ur name or mail id or account number like this in that page .
If it is available store the the present time in a var consider start_time.
Name is present until the session maintenance .
After session starts
store the time when it disappear consider end-time.
Diff of between start_time and end_time is session maintenance .
jegan i will tell you if i am wrong, please correct me.....
Session means if you are doing login, through registered username and password, after new session will be open if you want to calculate session expires time, you have to give session expires time then only you will get identify.....
Thanks for your reply guys.....
We need to set session timing. After the certain time delay, the logged in user should be logged out.
My Solution: We need to automate our application>> Kept idle for certain time period>> try to select a option. We need to validate whether session expires or not......
Here it is how to do,
1) Check the configuration file set by developers in the server
2) Note the time eg: 30 mins
3) Log-in with valid credentials and lock the machine for 30 mins...
4) The user is idle for 30 mins, thus session shall be expired
5) Check different scenarios by using the account(user) for 5/10 mins and lock and check after 25/20 mins)
6) Repeat by changing the values in config file for -ve test cases...
Yes you can automate but have to follow the above steps....