Quality Testing

Quality is delighting customers

When a Defect status can be changed by the developer / team?

When a defect status can be changed by the developer/team. 

Once defect is raised and test execution status is in-progress or once testing status is signed-off

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Defect status change depends, what kind of statuses organization has. E.g. they can be New/Confirmed/Working/Fixed/Closed. In that case when dev starts to fix the defect he changes it to working. And when he has finished, it's fixed. Every organization has own needs for defect statuses, and how the process goes, depends from those. I've been working at multiple organizations and I've seen almost as many different ways to do things.

Thanks for your reply.

So that I can understand that even there are cases like before completion of Test Execution phase, developer changes the status of defect in tool 

"Test execution phase" does not exist in all process models. For example in many projects where I have been, the tests are done during development and at the same time. E.g. at Agile project if coder finishes new feature today, I can start testing right away and report bugs right away. The waterfall and some older iterative processes has test execution phase and that kind of process model is nightmare and major risk for the project schedule and quality.

defect status change by the developer after completion of all phases after execution  it will be changed

Hi Balaji,

These days, most of the QA testing companies are using agile mentod for developing any software, in which the development and testing goes side by side. So, once the test is executed, it has to be marked as Pass/Fail as per the actual outcome. And if it is failing, then there must be a defect reported for the same in respective bug tracking tool.
Once a defect is logged, Developer goes through it and changes the status of same accordignly to the following:
- Won't fix : If developer feels that he is fine with the actual outcome, then he can mark it as 'Won't Fix' with proper comments.
- Cannot Reproduce : If developer is unable to reproduce the issue at his end, he can mark it as Cannot Reproduce.
- Fixed : If developer is able to reproduce the issue at his end and fixes it, then he should mark it as 'Fixed'.
- Deferred : If developer is able to reproduce the issue but feels that this can be fixed in any of the future releases, then he can mark it as Deferred.

RSS

TTWT Magazine

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

© 2017   Created by Quality Testing.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service